TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Monitor the current electricity generation mix!

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by LJordan, May 7, 2016.

1. LJordan

LJordan Member

What fuel is being used to generate the electricity that powers our Teslas? This topic is often discussed and I have found an informative web page that shows the hour-by-hour mix for folks in the PJM generation region. This region includes Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. It also include parts of Illinois (Chicago), Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, North Carolina and Tennessee.

PJM - Markets & Operations

May 7, 2016
    upload_2016-5-7_8-21-52.png

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. flankspeed8

flankspeed8 Member

3. LJordan

LJordan Member

4. flankspeed8

flankspeed8 Member

5. William13

William13 Member

Thanks LJordan, I am happy to have ammunition against friends who tell me that my car is coal powered. I see it is usually 40% nuclear and 30% natural gas. I will check to see the mix at different hours of the day.

I will whip this site up and dispute our detractors with actual facts. Wow what a concept. Thanks