Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Monitor your Battery Health

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just signed up for a new service from "Recurrent", a startup that has a product that downloads the health stats from your battery. They aggregate data from thousands of EVs and create a model for the long-term health of each battery. Obviously the model accuracy will improve as they collect data from more cars over many years.

Recurrent has two target users:
(a) The current owner of the EV: to provide them with a monthly health checkup of their battery.
(b) Prospective buyers of an EV: Recurrent plans to make battery health available to buyers of used EVs, much like Carfax. They hope that their data becomes the gold standard for accurate battery health data, for every EV on the road.

I love this concept because I think it will be a great service for EV owners and it will help relieve uncertainty and anxiety that people might have about purchasing used EVs, related to the health of the used battery stack.

I have received my first monthly report from Recurrent and I was very impressed. The user interface is intuitive and they encourage their early adopters to provide feedback. I sent a couple of very minor suggestions and had a reply within 2 hours. This company is eager to provide the best experience for their customers.

I hope everyone signs up for Recurrent. It will greatly improve the adoption of EVs.

• Informative
Reactions: Brando