Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Monitoring App Missing Solar kWh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the app is under reporting solar generation. Just got system last week, so don’t have PTO yet. Been doing some testing with it on/off grid, but not exporting any power to grid.

Looking at today’s data, seems like I’m missing 6 kWh from generation and home usage.

hesitant to call service yet since I don’t have PTO, but has this happened to others?

C36327C6-E959-4FDD-B9BC-7DE94AA5B2AE.jpeg

Something definitely doesn’t seem right there. It’s showing that you sent 11kWh to the powerwall, but only generated 4.7kWh of solar power. Since you can’t charge the powerwall from the grid there’s no way you could have added 11kWh to the powerwall with only 4.7kWh of solar power.

It’s definitely something that Tesla would need to fix, though. If it’s just a configuration issue then they may be able to do it remotely.

Any chance the TEG was reset today? I've seen that mess up the days report.

I was off grid on battery power overnight, wanted to ensure the inverter came on and generated once the sun came up. Once that happened successfully, I flipped the main service breaker in the TEG to ON, so maybe that did something? Still, I was “on grid” majority of the sunlight hours today.

Something definitely doesn’t seem right there. It’s showing that you sent 11kWh to the powerwall, but only generated 4.7kWh of solar power. Since you can’t charge the powerwall from the grid there’s no way you could have added 11kWh to the powerwall with only 4.7kWh of solar power.

It’s definitely something that Tesla would need to fix, though. If it’s just a configuration issue then they may be able to do it remotely.

yes my thoughts exactly.

Any idea if I will get scolded for calling customer service about this before PTO? Also need to request a solar edge account so I can see individual panel data, and make sure both sources agree...