Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Monitoring Tesla Solar with SolarEdge App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had Tesla Solar install last year and I just don't feel that I get enough info from the Tesla monitoring app. I read some articles about Tesla giving access so you can also monitor through the SolarEdge app (Since I have a SolarEdge Inverter). I contacted Tesla earlier this week and they put a ticket in and then I received and email to sign up with SolarEdge. I followed the instructions and got everything set up. The issue I am having is none of the monitoring info is correct on the SolarEdge app. It not showing me the current power stats or the past stats. Since Tesla told me they do not provide support for the SolarEdge app I contact SolarEdge to see what they say. What the tech support guy told me is that Tesla is not sending the info to their servers and that is why I am not seeing it on my app. He said that it had been over a month since Tesla had sent them any info. Has anybody else had this issue? If so how did you solve it? I see plenty of other people talking about using the SolarEdge app with their Tesla Solar so I know its possible.

Not sure how Tesla does it, but when I had SE inverters installed on 2 of my homes, I told the installer I would create the SE accounts myself with SE so that I have full admin control of the online tools Installers typically don't want to give admin control to users. There are several SE YouTube videos that show how sync the inverter to the account, but I suggest you check with SE and Tesla first about any consequences of doing that.

Reactions: preilly44
The info from the inverters should automatically be sent to your SolarEdge account. First, get the serial number for your inverter and ask SolarEdge to confirm they were entered on your account correctly. Otherwise, it's probably a network issue.

This can happen when the networking in the inverter isn't set up properly or when the gateway is too far away. In my case, one of the inverters wasn't configured for Zigbee so I was only seeing production from half of my panels in the app. Tesla automatically adjusts numbers that can't possibly be correct, so having the SolarEdge app was very helpful at diagnosing the problem.

As long as you say it's a problem with the solarSola app, Tesla is likely to ignore you so I'd suggest focusing on a problem that Tesla actually supports. Check the lights on your gateway to see if it says "no server" or "no internet" and call about that instead. If everything's fine on that side, compare the output displayed on your inverter to what you're seeing in the app. If they don't match after adjusting for a little bit of delay (it's only 5 or 10 seconds for me in the Tesla app... It can be 5 to 10 minutes in SolarEdge), call them about that. Last, check for your historical data in the SolarCity app. You can scroll through the menus on your inverter to get numbers for comparisons. My historical data in the SolarCity app matches SolarEdge perfectly. When there are issues and the inverters haven't uploaded data, both apps remain in lockstep. If they're not pulling data from the same source, they're both getting the same data at the same time.

Basically, if SolarEdge isn't getting your data then there's a good chance that something controlled by Tesla is displaying wrong too. Find it, have Tesla will fix it and the SolarEdge issue will be miraculously resolved.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Did get the Solaredge app to read
I had Tesla Solar install last year and I just don't feel that I get enough info from the Tesla monitoring app. I read some articles about Tesla giving access so you can also monitor through the SolarEdge app (Since I have a SolarEdge Inverter). I contacted Tesla earlier this week and they put a ticket in and then I received and email to sign up with SolarEdge. I followed the instructions and got everything set up. The issue I am having is none of the monitoring info is correct on the SolarEdge app. It not showing me the current power stats or the past stats. Since Tesla told me they do not provide support for the SolarEdge app I contact SolarEdge to see what they say. What the tech support guy told me is that Tesla is not sending the info to their servers and that is why I am not seeing it on my app. He said that it had been over a month since Tesla had sent them any info. Has anybody else had this issue? If so how did you solve it? I see plenty of other people talking about using the SolarEdge app with their Tesla Solar so I know its possible.
Did you get Tesla to send info to Solaredge servers correctly? If so, how did you resolve this issue. I'm having the same issue with my newly installed system.