Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Monroney Stickers ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
model3-frunk3.png

• Helpful
Reactions: jsmay311
I wasn't sure - it is so hard to read. I was guessing based on better MPGe than some other vehicles that got 27... But I changed it back based on your caculation.
I actually had 27 first, then changed it to 26 because I thought it must be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoomit
The “you could save” number seems weird, since on the i3, with a similar eMPG is $9k

It looks like it used to be $9k, but not anymore.

The latest figures for the 2017 i3, show a 5-year fuel savings of only $4,000: Compare Side-by-Side You can see the specific fuel cost estimates that they're using on that page by clicking on "Personalize".

A number of variables changed since 2014 that affect the 5-year fuel savings number:
  • Gas prices are significantly lower in 2017 vs 2014 ($2.38 vs $3.53/gal).
  • Average new cars are a bit more efficient in 2017 vs 2014 (26 vs 23 mpg)
  • The 2017 i3 is rated as slightly less efficient than the 2014 (29 vs 27 kWh/100 mi) either due to the larger/heavier battery or a change in testing methodology
  • EPA is now using a slightly higher average electricity price ($0.13/kWh vs $0.12/kWh)
I found a 2014 i3 sticker with the $9,000 figure on it here: BMW i3 REx Status - Hold For Monroney Stickers Delays All US Deliveries But in the fine print it says it's comparing to an average new vehicle MPG of 23mpg, for a total 5-year fuel cost of $11,500 for driving 15,000 miles/year. Some quick math shows they used a gas price of $3.53/gallon. It also assumes an electricity price of $0.12/kWh

Last edited: