Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Montana Tesla Owners Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news - with Tesla's blessing we are starting the Montana Tesla Owners Club. It will initially be based out of Bozeman but all in the 406 are welcome to join. If you or anyone you know is interested in joining please email us. [email protected]. Any leads for Tesla owners in Montana would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! We look forward to meeting everyone.

We have 2 model y's in Billings and know a bunch more owners! Not sure how to get the word out except Facebook. Do we have a page there yet?
There are at least a couple people from Montana who are in the "Northwest Tesla Owners" fb group. Let me know if you guys ever start a Montana group and I will post a message there so they can be sure to join.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Also did anyone have any issues with Tesla providing all the necessary DMV paperwork for you to register the car? I had read on another post that Tesla did not provide the Manufacturer Certificate of Origin (MSO), which is necessary or DMV will not allow you to register without it.

I did have to renew my temporary tags because I didn’t have the paperwork yet.

When you first get your car, you’ll get a temp travel tag good for a day or two. You can stop by the DMV to get your real temp tags. You shouldn’t need an appointment for that. I stopped in Kalispell to visit family and walked right in (past the long line of people waiting)

We've taken delivery from Spokane twice w/o a problem. Takes a while to get the final paperwork but not a big deal. BTW the new Liberty Lake service and showroom are great and staffed w/ some very nice and helpful folks. And it has a great supercharger setup.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
We've taken delivery from Spokane twice w/o a problem. Takes a while to get the final paperwork but not a big deal. BTW the new Liberty Lake service and showroom are great and staffed w/ some very nice and helpful folks. And it has a great supercharger setup.
Could you have taken delivery from Seattle if you desired or is the pickup location dictated by Tesla ?

Is it correct to assume that you don't have to pay sales tax since MT is tax free.

So how long did it take for the final paperwork to arrive and what kind of papers was in the package ?

Could you have taken delivery from Seattle if you desired or is the pickup location dictated by Tesla ?

Is it correct to assume that you don't have to pay sales tax since MT is tax free.

So how long did it take for the final paperwork to arrive and what kind of papers was in the package ?
I believe we could have taken delivery in Seattle, however Washington only gives a 3 day temporary registration so we needed to return and get the Montana temporary paperwork. We do not have to pay the WA state sales tax if we're out of there in 3 days. We haven't yet been notified that Montana has received the final paperwork from our March 17 delivery so it takes a while.

When I was chatting with someone at the Spokane service center they mentioned that there had been talk of putting a service center in Montana. They didn't know when or where, but the more cars we have here the better the chances.

I am Mike London in Austin TX. Will be in Montana several days starting June 11, 2022. Could not find any charging between Glacier NP and Great Falls. On Fri May 13th, I ordered a Tesla wall charger to be delivered to Blackfeet Community College on Hwy 89 in Browning. If they get it installed, then anyone can use it - with an appropriate donation to the school, of course. Any suggestions about installing more than one?
I hope that this will be helpful. I will gladly join the Montana club.

I am Mike London in Austin TX. Will be in Montana several days starting June 11, 2022. Could not find any charging between Glacier NP and Great Falls. On Fri May 13th, I ordered a Tesla wall charger to be delivered to Blackfeet Community College on Hwy 89 in Browning. If they get it installed, then anyone can use it - with an appropriate donation to the school, of course. Any suggestions about installing more than one?
I hope that this will be helpful. I will gladly join the Montana club.
Nice!