Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Month Old 2022 Model 3 LR - Coolant Low

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my M3 for a little over a month, have about 1,600 miles on it. I live in Texas and it's been over 100F every day since I got it so the AC has been going almost constantly whether I'm driving it or during the Cabin Overheat Protection. Today my fiance was driving home from work and got these errors:

4:32pm | DIR_a103 Power limited - OK to drive - Schedule service
4:32pm | DIR_a126 Power reduced - Exiting/re-entering vehicle may restore operation.
4:32pm | Coolant low - OK to drive - Schedule service - Powertrain / HVAC performance may be limited

At this point the AC stopped blowing cold air while she was driving. She plugged it in after she got home and about 30 minutes later it stopped charging with this error

5:37pm | PCS_a078 AC charging unavailable / Try DC charging.

Walked into the garage and heard a rhythmic sort of "clunking" noise going that didn't stop until I unplugged it, noticed some clear liquid slowly dripping from underneath the vehicle towards the front but I'm hoping that's just condensation from the AC. Will take it in for service first thing tomorrow morning. I've also powered the PC down in hopes of it cooling off a little faster until tomorrow.

I'm wondering how common it is for newer M3's to be low on coolant after only a month. If it's purely because of it running almost constantly due to the heat I can see it happening, but I admit I am a bit spooked and have been very careful with the car. Windows are tinted as dark as I could go legally, use a sun shade when outside, and keep it in the garage when at home. Any sort of reassurance or similar experiences will make me feel better as I await service.

I have had my M3 for a little over a month, have about 1,600 miles on it. I live in Texas and it's been over 100F every day since I got it so the AC has been going almost constantly whether I'm driving it or during the Cabin Overheat Protection. Today my fiance was driving home from work and got these errors:

4:32pm | DIR_a103 Power limited - OK to drive - Schedule service
4:32pm | DIR_a126 Power reduced - Exiting/re-entering vehicle may restore operation.
4:32pm | Coolant low - OK to drive - Schedule service - Powertrain / HVAC performance may be limited

At this point the AC stopped blowing cold air while she was driving. She plugged it in after she got home and about 30 minutes later it stopped charging with this error

5:37pm | PCS_a078 AC charging unavailable / Try DC charging.

Walked into the garage and heard a rhythmic sort of "clunking" noise going that didn't stop until I unplugged it, noticed some clear liquid slowly dripping from underneath the vehicle towards the front but I'm hoping that's just condensation from the AC. Will take it in for service first thing tomorrow morning. I've also powered the PC down in hopes of it cooling off a little faster until tomorrow.

I'm wondering how common it is for newer M3's to be low on coolant after only a month. If it's purely because of it running almost constantly due to the heat I can see it happening, but I admit I am a bit spooked and have been very careful with the car. Windows are tinted as dark as I could go legally, use a sun shade when outside, and keep it in the garage when at home. Any sort of reassurance or similar experiences will make me feel better as I await service.
Any update?

Upvote 0