Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Montreal deliveries thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am working on a set of clips and a pattern for DIY mudguards

I do PPF here in Montreal and the mudguards are important with our terrible potholes and construction covering the roads with rocks.

I ordered a set of universal mudguards from rally armour and made a pattern.

Once I have the setup I like I can offer the clips pattern and exact drill bit (for the mudflap not the car lol) if anyone wants it.
You're brave. I intend to get my car rustproof by Bolduc and ask him to install his mudflaps at the same time.

Yes but the problems are from the surface, not from underneath.

The rust proofing would not have helped any current problems. The paint is fragile and our roads are bad and full of rocks and sand.

PPF protects from chips that lead to surface rust,as do mud flaps.

My 2008 BMW had rust on the inside of the tailgate from moisture being trapped. BMW replaced it 2 yrs ago under warranty. They were very clear that if the car had any rustproofing it would not have been warrantied.

Last edited:
Yes but the problems are from the surface, not from underneath.

PPF protects from chips that lead to surface rust,as do mud flaps.

My 2008 BMW had rust on the inside of the tailgate from moisture being trapped. BMW replaced it 2 yrs ago under warranty. They were very clear that if the car had any rustproofing it would not have been warrantied.
You're certainly right, ppf is a great protection. However I had several cars, some were rust proofed, some were not. It made all the difference.

I am sure rust will be an issue with these cars...Time will tell. I bet it will be in places we never even imagined lol

The aluminum will probably flake and dissolve like an old Land Rover....
I was told by pros of car industry that some batches were real bad, some were better. I've seen some red M3 in Montreal with paint peeling of the rockerpanels already ! Those cars couldn't that old.
It sounds like a lottery to me...:-(

I have found two different sets of mud flaps. Model 3 Carbon Fiber Splash Guards which seems to say that they are adhered with double-sided 3M tape, so no drilling. But this one
actually shows that he is drilling into the plastic for ONE of the holes (he uses Tesla's own clips for the two at the bottom, so no drilling.
By chance in the middle of no where on a back woods country road I ended up waiting behind a Black Model 3 at a train crossing. I got a good look at these mudflaps from the back. Remind me very much of the rally racing flaps I had to put on my STI. He obviously had the Northern Edition flap size on. I know my STI mudflaps stopped all the chipping near the all wheels. I drive some 4 kms on dirt/gravel roads to my summer cottage. I put an order on these. They look a little ghetto for the Model 3 but I know from experience they will do the job. Still have to PPF the front and A pillars though.

Can anyone share their delivery experience in MTL? In particular wrt the issues frequently mentioned on this forum regarding whether
  • You feel pushed to finish the inspection ASAP
  • The staff try to brush off issues by saying they are “in spec”
  • You are asked to sign everything before even seeing the car
TIA!

Can anyone share their delivery experience in MTL? In particular wrt the issues frequently mentioned on this forum regarding whether
TIA!

I would like to know as well! I’m sure there is a list of things to look out for when inspecting the car somewhere on this forum. Can anyone point me to this please!

Picking up my car on June 7th :D

• Love
Reactions: tongw
My delivery in Montreal wasn't good. (December 2018). The guy was rude and rushing me and didn't want to answer my questions as he had no time for it.
My advice would be to not let yourself rushed and take the necessary time to inspect thouroughly.

• Informative
Reactions: tongw
We still don't have a VIN number online that I can see.... but they texted us asking if we wanted to move up delivery. We haven't sold our car yet... heck, we are listing it today. And I really don't want to get it until after the Grand Prix weekend.... it's a big weekend for me, I work with tourists... so I won't really have any time until Monday anyway.

We did have the car detailed for selling it.... including the motor. The car looks so damn fine.

2B1A36D6-9F2E-4BEB-BDDB-3E22C3BAF2D0.jpeg
By chance in the middle of no where on a back woods country road I ended up waiting behind a Black Model 3 at a train crossing. I got a good look at these mudflaps from the back. Remind me very much of the rally racing flaps I had to put on my STI. He obviously had the Northern Edition flap size on. I know my STI mudflaps stopped all the chipping near the all wheels. I drive some 4 kms on dirt/gravel roads to my summer cottage. I put an order on these. They look a little ghetto for the Model 3 but I know from experience they will do the job. Still have to PPF the front and A pillars though.

I agree, they are just too big...

I am working on a 3D printed bracket to put any generic mudflap on my 3. I have a set of universal Rally armour in black, they just don’t need to stick out that far...

I do PPF and do lots of model 3’s

Here is one I did last week, full front end and rockers

Reactions: 350z
TIA!
No
No
No

Must of been 9 cars left in delivery area when I left at 6:15 pm after my 4:30 pm app.

If it matters it was a Tuesday.

Does anyone has experience of having the car delivered straight to your door? Mine appointment is scheduled at the end of the month and it says it will be delivered to my door... I'm worried that if there are some minor issues they won't be able to fix it right away like picking up in the service centre