Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Montreal Home Charger installation recommendations ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new owner of a Model 3, and purchased the home charger and looking to get it installed. I spoke with Elektrica and they told me roughly $500-$800 over the phone... then the guy shows up and gives me a $2500 estimate! I don't really understand how its so much because we have great infrastructure in place.

I get the feeling that they are overcharging significantly and i'm wondering if anyone has a good experience with a reasonable installer in the montreal area. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thank you

Did the estimate include any panel rebalancing or upgrade? The electrician must first determine if your panel can accept the extra load. If not, I think it can get costly pretty quickly.
Otherwise, apart from charger cost it's a breaker, wiring, passing the wire, time... Wiring costs a lot (6AWG for example) so it depends on the length you need. If it's far away, it might tak e a long time to fish it.