Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Montreal Service Center Response Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm an American owner who lived about a half hour from Cornwall ON, this makes the Montreal service center a 100 mile drive for me vs. 300 miles to the nearest US service center. I was reassured before I bought the car that going to Montreal for service wouldn't be an issue.

The reality isn't working out that way though. There's no way to schedule internationally through the website, the locations just don't show up. I emailed the service center over three weeks ago and haven't heard back, same with leaving voicemails (every time I call it goes straight to voicemail). I tried the "Ask a question" feature of the website to see if they could help and haven't heard back.

I'm wondering if this is par for the course with this location, or if they're just not bothering to get back in touch with me because they don't do business with American owners?

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
They are pretty busy with deliveries lately, and basically do not answer the phone or call back.

Next time, when they offer you the choice on the phone, ask for the sales department (they are the only ones answering the phone), and then tell them your problem: they should either transfer you to the service department to answer, or try to find someone to come to the phone to answer you.

Let us know how it goes like that.

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP
I called Montreal service last week and got someone from the US. They said they answer as Montreal service is quite busy.
They made an appointment very quick and got in this morning. Don't give up and keep calling. I hope you get taken care of.
If you like, pm me with your info and I could pass it along when I go back to get my car.

A little update. I called again today, the phone system is different than it was last week. Previously after selecting service in the automated menu, it'd ring two or three times and just dump to voicemail. Today it put me in a queue with an offer to get a call back without losing my place in queue. The wait time was "over 30 minutes" so I did that, but never received a call back. This was roughly 5:15 pm.

I did however get a response from my Ask a Question submission online, which I selected to escalate to executive review.

Thank you for contacting Tesla Executive Care. We have received your submission and apologize for the delayed response. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties in arranging a service appointment. I have advised that both our service and mobile service teams look into this and connect with you as soon as possible to have your vehicle concerns addressed. Our mobile service teams should be reaching out to you this week to assist in the matter, however if the repairs cannot be rectified with a home visit, the Montreal service team will step in to better assist. Please let me know if you run into any other issues moving forward, as I will be actively monitoring the case. Thanks again for your time and for being an awesome part of the Tesla Family!

Hopefully I get a response soon.

Reactions: GooseSerbus
I got a call from someone in Montreal today, he made it clear in the beginning that the call was in response to the Escalate to Executive online submission rather than the phone calls or emails. It seems like my emails were filtered out as spam on their end. We talked about all the issues I sent in, but I had to leave before we were able to set up an appointment. He offered to call back, not sure when that'll happen but I'm glad I'm finally on their radar.

I'm an American owner who lived about a half hour from Cornwall ON, this makes the Montreal service center a 100 mile drive for me vs. 300 miles to the nearest US service center. I was reassured before I bought the car that going to Montreal for service wouldn't be an issue.

The reality isn't working out that way though. There's no way to schedule internationally through the website, the locations just don't show up. I emailed the service center over three weeks ago and haven't heard back, same with leaving voicemails (every time I call it goes straight to voicemail). I tried the "Ask a question" feature of the website to see if they could help and haven't heard back.

I'm wondering if this is par for the course with this location, or if they're just not bothering to get back in touch with me because they don't do business with American owners?
I believe it is the new way of doing things across the board. Seems you can only leave a message at any of the centres as wait times exceed 15 minutes. Not happy about this either. I had my two headlights replaced and last night was my first night drive with them and "Holy Cow"! They need to be aligned big time! They forgot, I'm assuming, to check alignment after installation. I'm going to the Mississauga Centre today and hopefully they will fix them on the spot. It's the right thing to do.

Montreal is quite the Tesla town. I think we need a second service center if not also a third to deal with the exponential growth of the fleet here.
Toronto is, but yes I think we could do well with another Service Center or better a cubicle like at Carrefour Laval. I remember when we had the really small location in Laval. Ah..

The Montreal service Center is overloaded and the service has gone downhill even more since the model 3.

You used to be able to get an appointment within a few days - now you cannot reach anyone - emails ignored , phone calls ignored. Online scheduling works but you can only get an appointment in 3 weeks.

You can only hope when you show up someone read your comments when you scheduled and ordered the correct parts

The service I receive on my other cars that are worth 3x less blows Tesla away. This is what concerns me about Tesla is their inability to scale.

For situations like this, you are best to login to your tesla account, choose your car and select the service center. This appears to work fine cross border. I can pull up Montreal QC and Raleigh NC.
upload_2018-11-20_16-6-15.png

M3 SR+ rec'd April 6th with damaged suspension components due to overly aggressive tie-down in transport (rattling and clunking in suspension over small bumps at lower speeds - has its own thread). Mobile service spent a couple of hours checking and torquing things, to no avail, lowered the tire pressure 5 psi and apologized for not being able to fix the car. The technician ordered front shocks and a WiFi antenna (car has never been able to detect a WiFi network and refuses to download nav updates). Black screen at turn-on about 50% of the time. Remote analyst suggested defective Bluetooth antenna and ordered one of those and was hopeful for a screen bug fix in 2019.16.2, but it didn't help.

Service appointment 2 days ago. 4 1/2 hour round-trip to drop off the car and a Chevy Impala loaner (sucks! - but no suspension noise at low speeds on rough roads). Text yesterday at 3:15 p.m. from some unidentified person with a non-local area code (204) that said your car is ready, you have until 530 pm to pick it up. Parts have been ordered, we will contact you for a service appointment. !?! Replied twice to try and arrange a pickup early morning 7:45 a.m. that would allow my to get to work on time if I leave home at 5 a.m.

With my Tesla app, I can see the car has not even been charged and does not have enough range to get me home, and it seems unlikely that I can get to the Service Center during opening hours without taking time off work (which I can't easily do at this time of year). Also, if they actually changed suspension parts, I want to be sure they did a wheel alignment so I don't ruin my tires and break more parts. All pretty frustrating. I'm averaging 30+ minutes a day texting and emailing about the car and logging black screen events for remote analysis, and a drop-off pick-up service center appointment takes 9 hours of my time, so I don't want to drive in there on a whim. I do miss the car, though.

M3 SR+ rec'd April 6th with damaged suspension components due to overly aggressive tie-down in transport (rattling and clunking in suspension over small bumps at lower speeds - has its own thread). Mobile service spent a couple of hours checking and torquing things, to no avail, lowered the tire pressure 5 psi and apologized for not being able to fix the car. The technician ordered front shocks and a WiFi antenna (car has never been able to detect a WiFi network and refuses to download nav updates). Black screen at turn-on about 50% of the time. Remote analyst suggested defective Bluetooth antenna and ordered one of those and was hopeful for a screen bug fix in 2019.16.2, but it didn't help.

Service appointment 2 days ago. 4 1/2 hour round-trip to drop off the car and a Chevy Impala loaner (sucks! - but no suspension noise at low speeds on rough roads). Text yesterday at 3:15 p.m. from some unidentified person with a non-local area code (204) that said your car is ready, you have until 530 pm to pick it up. Parts have been ordered, we will contact you for a service appointment. !?! Replied twice to try and arrange a pickup early morning 7:45 a.m. that would allow my to get to work on time if I leave home at 5 a.m.

With my Tesla app, I can see the car has not even been charged and does not have enough range to get me home, and it seems unlikely that I can get to the Service Center during opening hours without taking time off work (which I can't easily do at this time of year). Also, if they actually changed suspension parts, I want to be sure they did a wheel alignment so I don't ruin my tires and break more parts. All pretty frustrating. I'm averaging 30+ minutes a day texting and emailing about the car and logging black screen events for remote analysis, and a drop-off pick-up service center appointment takes 9 hours of my time, so I don't want to drive in there on a whim. I do miss the car, though.

Update: blackscreen fixed by July mobile service screen replacement. They also replaced 1 Bluetooth antenna and the WiFi antenna: Bluetooth good, WiFi still non-existent. No sign of shocks.

November mobile service visit replaced sway bar linkages in case it wasn't the shocks. Don't know yet if this had any effect. Also replaced WiFi cable, still no WiFi. Technician strongly suggested the computer be replaced at the service center. Diagnostic rep says it now takes a week to get shocks. I'll test it for rattling tomorrow and then I will schedule another service center appointment and see if things have improved. Slightly dreading it. Now over 7 months since getting the car. Hoping it will soon be like new (not the way it was delivered).