Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Montreal Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering how the Montreal service center it known for its service?
As I've read horror stories of other centers. I have not been in nor even driven by the center yet.
I hope to only have to visit it once to pick up my car then never again! lol
Are they easy to deal with, on time, quick, efficient, appointment soon or long delay, etc?

Also I assume that there is mobile service in Montreal? If yes how is it? same type of questions as above?
Also does it go all through the winter? Do you get mobile service only at home or can you book it at the office?

Randy, bear in mind that ALL experiences are based on the client/agent relation. I had heard similar stories when I was a Corvette owner. some people hated my dealer while I had nothing but praise. Respect went a huge way in establishing a solid relationship. Here in Toronto, I have heard similar stories and yet, I have nothing but praise )so far).

lastly consider that you have purchased a high-demand car, which the company uses the Apple model. if YOU don’t like it, there are people in line itching to get one, so they sometimes might have an attitude. Same as Apple, when I treated the "Genius" with respect, I got so much more out of the experience.

Just my 2¢

Bear in mind this is far from my first car and my first dealer.
I known about giving and getting respect.
That was not the question.
All good, sir. My remarks were not intended to offend in any way. I concur that you were asking for other opinions about the quality of the service. There are horror stories all the time, for even the best (or worse) dealers.

I have only used the Montreal SC on Ferrier street half a dozen times over the course of 2.5 years of Model 3 and now 3 months with my Model Y. Service has been good. Always get a lender Tesla. Usually get a call same day service is done. My concerns are always addressed. Staff are polite, responsive and courteous. My cars have never been damaged or soiled inside by employees. It is 5 minutes from my work so I rather go there than Brossard or Laval.

One example is I had my front suspension for creaking repaired for my Model 3. When I picked it up the invoice did not show any re-alignment performed. I explained to staff that this type of suspension replacement MUST have an alignment performed or verified with equipment to be still in specifications. After such an operation a simple test drive by mechanic is definitely an inadequate check for this. I was given another appointment a few days later and a full alignment check was performed. Would I have preferred avoiding the runaround the first time? yes but in the end they did what I asked. Perhaps a less savvy customer would have gone off with a bad front end alignment and experience noticeable uneven tire wear months done the road when it's too late to blame Tesla.

Reactions: Randy-12
You book everything in the app.
Appointment dates are usually available almost everyday (at most I've waited is a 5 days).
Mobile Service is offered (weekdays in the city, once a week for rural regions such as Baie Sainte Paul), and the Service Center will change your appointment to mobile service if you ask or if it is a basic item.

If you set an appointment for 2 weeks from now:
  • Someone will contact you within 24-48 hours usually, and to review why you're making the appointment and make suggestions or recommendations from there. Sometimes, that means a software update or mobile service the next day or etc.
^ the above is Ottawa, ON. But, I can't imagine it being different for Montreal.

Reactions: Randy-12
Conversely I have not had a good time at the Montreal Service center. Communication was almost nil and they actually lost the rear shelf when I took my X there in 2018.

A lot of the communication issues can be traced to the reduction in staff they had there over the years. The internal lines of communication are broken, where the guys on the phones can’t get info from the techs in the garage. The people are great, but they’re hamstrung when getting info about anything.

I believe mobile service is run out of Ontario/Ottawa so a mobile tech wouldn’t necessarily come from the Montreal shop. This is dated info from talking to a couple of different techs, so take that with a grain of salt.