TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Montreal taxi firm adds tesla's to their fleet of electric Taxis

Discussion in 'News' started by bond, Nov 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bond

bond Member

#1 bond, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Not a shareholder or partner in this, but wish i was!

Taxelco Launches Teo, a Reinvented Taxi Service for Montreal

I recently went to Amsterdam for business and they had tesla's as taxi's - and every chance i took, I rode in one. Super happy to see this come to Canada!! I hope the Montrealers embrace this, and we see more of it across USA and Canada.

I think when people are given a choice, they often pick the ECO option. at least i hope so!

chris

2. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Interesting thought. It would be easy for Uber and Lyft to add an EV choice to their apps.

I noticed recently that a large portion of NYC taxis are Priuses now, not as green as EV, of course, but a big step up from the Crown Vic fleet of some years ago.

3. electracity

electracity Active Member

I said this before, but Musk's "can't talk about Uber" is likely about a fleet sale and Tesla as an Uber (or Lyft) car type option in the app.

No reason to do this deal until later next year. But consider how many Model X could be leased this way. What upscale Uber user wouldn't want to be picked up in an X with the falcon door and that frickin' second row seat?