Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moraine, OH - (Service Center, limited hours)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per the local Tesla Facebook group, we had multiple Tesla owners talk with the friendly staff at the service center and the Superchargers and destination charges are only for service and not public use. The Meijer on Colonial Glen in Beavercreek is getting a supercharger in Q3 and Dayton is scheduled to get another one in Q4.

• Helpful
Reactions: FMinMI
Per the local Tesla Facebook group, we had multiple Tesla owners talk with the friendly staff at the service center and the Superchargers and destination charges are only for service and not public use. The Meijer on Colonial Glen in Beavercreek is getting a supercharger in Q3 and Dayton is scheduled to get another one in Q4.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chisale and FMinMI
Well, that's too bad. As I stated in posts 32,34,36,42 I really didn't have much hope for you. At least now you have a definitive answer.:confused:

Reactions: FMinMI
OK. Thank you for checking. Will have to burn up extra juice to drive the 40+ miles - Tesla's loss as I have free SuC so it will come out of their wallet but also my loss due to the extra time to drive there and back. Guess I will see if our hosts need anything at Meijer when we go...

supercharge.info - You might be able to switch from construction code to 'open with limited hours' When the service center is not in use, the 2 superchargers can be used, but during business hours they are needed to service the cars. Don't expect 250 kw charging either.

supercharge.info - You might be able to switch from construction code to 'open with limited hours' When the service center is not in use, the 2 superchargers can be used, but during business hours they are needed to service the cars. Don't expect 250 kw charging either.
I stopped by there Saturday late afternoon. Was able to plug into the first one and it worked but I was at a high SOC (over 60%) and the battery was cold so the max I got was 75kW. They are V3 SuCs (based on the thin cable and pump noise when plugged in). Only stayed for a few minutes.

I finally got around to testing the supercharging here before the service center opened for the day. I was told by the Tesla staff that charging was okay when the service center was closed. I did pull 220 kw. So I think we can remove the construction cone. Please only use the supercharger on weekends or when the service center is closed.

Attachments

• IMG_20220627_070134270_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220627_070134270_HDR.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: Tezla041
I’m confirming what @jdmackiewicz said, I stopped by late last night and was able to charge.
From my post on PlugShare:
Briefly hit 951 mi/hr charging speeds at 15% SOC. (Since this isn’t listed on the map I didn’t precondition, I probably could’ve picked the Dayton Supercharger to do that.)
It settled around 500 mi/hr after a minute or so, over 120 kW.
Note: I stopped by late at night, this charger isn’t open during service hours. But this is great in a pinch until the Beavercreek and other Dayton Superchargers open.

44FFDD14-BFBD-4045-BC58-8243B81995BC.jpeg
B399BB9F-5E61-4FFE-AD6C-A49F6CC8E0D3.jpeg
35643794-2B17-4CDF-BA9E-2C118C3519D7.jpeg

Speaking of the Beavercreek Supercharger, I added some construction progress to that thread.

Just my two cents ... I know some would like the convenience of using this location after hours, and you may be fine and have zero issues. However, you might also arrive, find Tesla service left vehicles plugged into both superchargers, and you'll be out of luck.

So I think the key point everyone should understand is plan on using it at your own risk; it may or may not be available on any given evening.

Were both operational? Last time I was there only had a few minutes and checked out only one. Coming next weekend and hopefully will be able to use them in the evening. Do you know what time the SC closes on Saturday?
I only tried the one at the very end, should’ve checked out the other one too. I’m surprised, but it says they’re closed on Saturdays. Here’s what was on the door when I stopped by a while ago and also what’s listed online.
A33C74AC-2405-4837-99A0-FA21E2768BA6.jpeg
DF33A9E6-04C8-4D63-BDC4-A53F9012FCAD.jpeg

Just my two cents ... I know some would like the convenience of using this location after hours, and you may be fine and have zero issues. However, you might also arrive, find Tesla service left vehicles plugged into both superchargers, and you'll be out of luck.

So I think the key point everyone should understand is plan on using it at your own risk; it may or may not be available on any given evening.
Yup. But it is only a few minutes from where we are staying, and its worth driving there FIRST before driving all the way (20 minutes plus) to north Dayton to use the only one currently available in the area. Plus I have to drive in that direction to get on I-75 to head to I-70...

Just had my M3 serviced there, very nice experience. Nice to have local support instead of Columbus or Cincy.

BTW, if you are supercharging there when they are closed, the Wifi Password is: abcd123456

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_121950241_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220810_121950241_HDR.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Informative