Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moral Maze

Your ‘ex’ is being treated badly. Do you intervene?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hypothetically speaking, if you were to still have app access to your car as the lease company had failed to remove your account and you noticed that the car had been sat with the battery charged to 100% for 2 days at the auction company.

You'd possibly be committing a crime by accessing a system you are no longer authorised to access. I know the lease company should have removed access, but you should only access it if you are authorised to do so and since you no longer have the car it would be hard to argue that you are still authorised to make changes to that system. A bit like having a spare set of keys for a conventional car.

You'd possibly be committing a crime by accessing a system you are no longer authorised to access. I know the lease company should have removed access, but you should only access it if you are authorised to do so and since you no longer have the car it would be hard to argue that you are still authorised to make changes to that system. A bit like having a spare set of keys for a conventional car.
100% this.

Reactions: spooksman
Not sure in practical terms how you could do anything really. Dropping the charge limit wouldn’t deplete the battery, you’d have to turn on Sentry, A/C or something else likely to drain it a bit, and doing that would definitely not be wise.

In fact if it has sat for 100% with no drain then the current owner has it on a charger and has it set to remain at that SOC. For better or worse - that is their right.

If you interfere then you are definitely committing a crime as you are deliberately overriding their intent…. And you are the likely suspect

• Disagree
Reactions: Rooster6655
I would suggest the Auction House are in Circus terms somewhere between 'Monkeys & Clowns'.

Either way I doubt there is anything you can or should do, in my experience the chances that you will actually speak to anyone who cares is minimal.