Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Atari games coming soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why can't Elon Musk give us more modern games? At least something like Asphalt Racers from iPhone that can use Tesla's wheel.

I have no nostalgia for Atari, only old gaming systems I started out with are from the 90s, like SNES, N64, Dreamcast.

Feel these games are only games Elon Musk likes. Which is lame, like he is stuck in the past of video games he liked as a kid rather than giving customers modern games that are actually fun to play.

It’s possible that the MCU doesn’t have enough available resources to run more modern games. And as @GolanB mentioned, Tesla is likely using MAME to run the games so it was probably very easy for them to include it into their Linux based system. Trying to get a more modern game from iOS or some other platform would require much more resources spent porting it to the OS in the car. Plus I agree with @RayK that the licensing isn’t too expensive for these older games.

And these games can be plenty of fun to play! At least that’s what this guy in his late 30’s thinks. :D

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Why can't Elon Musk give us more modern games? At least something like Asphalt Racers from iPhone that can use Tesla's wheel.

I have no nostalgia for Atari, only old gaming systems I started out with are from the 90s, like SNES, N64, Dreamcast.

Feel these games are only games Elon Musk likes. Which is lame, like he is stuck in the past of video games he liked as a kid rather than giving customers modern games that are actually fun to play.

I believe Musk first tried to license Mario Kart but Nintendo adamantly refused to license anything (pretty consistent with their stance throughout their history). I guess Atari was more accommodating.

I believe Musk first tried to license Mario Kart but Nintendo adamantly refused to license anything (pretty consistent with their stance throughout their history). I guess Atari was more accommodating.

Mario Kart would be so sweet. What would also be really cool is a multiplayer racing game where you can play against other Tesla owners. There could be a global score board too where your lap times are ranked against all other Tesla owners.

What I'd like is an iPod clone. One that supported MP3 tags, albums, playlists and a decent UI from USB media.

They wouldn't have to change the media center that way since its software apparently is impossible to upgrade.

Not really a game though, is it? SimCity would be an interesting game to have in the car, not Sim-iPod :p

• Funny
surely you would understand that different teams work on different areas of the software. this argument is always so silly.

Surely you understand, Tesla has a fixed budget that is being stretched.

You but your resources where you need them most. Cleary the team working on the bugs/fixes is not resourced enough, you cut the Fart App team and hire more programers to work on the core product.

It is not like this bugs are new, they have been an ongoing issue that Tesla seems incapable to get under control

• Funny
Where is Pole position? I have seen footages but I don't have it.
Also does the steering wheel disengage from the steering rack for the game?

Pole Position was removed with one of the recent updates (can't recall exactly which one but I think it was 2019.5).

Steering wheel does not disengage but you don't need to turn the wheel much when playing the games.