Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Chrome delete projects on my MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got some of the chrome delete appliqués but I am going to wait and see if the chrome starts to bother me before I put them on. I agree with an above poster, the chrome was designed for the S... must be something to that and the design team. But, individualize your rides as you see fit.

Guys,

I am certified wrap installer.

I want to point something very important.

Watching tour DIY videos and reading insteuctions from the some vendors for wraping parts there is one common mistake - using heat gun for the install.

Heat is not always your friend. If it is over 70F for the nosecone install you don't want heat gun at all. Heating is tricky and in this case makes the install harder. It also can cause overstreach of the material. Since the wrap vinyl is preasure activated adhesive by using the heatgun you activate the adhesive premature which makes the whole install more duficult /the chrome has high surface energy which means high bond/.

The nose cone above is very easy to wrap so no heat!

You can post heat after everything is installed to relax the material, deete the memory and activate the adhesive /adhesive im order to activate needs to 4-6 lbs of pressure in first hand/

Make sure the car is not under direct sun light and the surface is not hot. If you gust parked the car in the garage and the body is hot wait for it to cool down.

As bonus - perp the surface good. You need to clean it very good from everything that may be there - car poliche, wax, dirt.... It can be done with soapy water - water and baby shampoo or downd dish washer detergent /do not use fancy soaps with scent since they leave residue. Do not use windex or similar since the ammonia in it is not compatable with the adhesive.

After you think you cleaned it good pass one more time to make sure. Then degrease - simple 70% rubbing alcohol works perfect /do not use denatured alcohol!!!/

Now you are ready. Before start installing clean your hands good. Body oil can ruin the install /I wash my hands with alcohol - it drys out the skin but guarantee that the fingers are oil free/.

I hope this will help you with the installs in future

• Informative
Reactions: Nosken
Ok, finally got around to snapping a few pics of my chrome delete project.

IMG_1768.JPG
IMG_1769.JPG
IMG_1770.JPG
IMG_1772.JPG