Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Drivers Seat Leg Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How's it going guys. Just sat in a Model S today and need more leg room in the drivers seat. I'm 6'6"

Has anyone found a solution to this, ie rail extenders, custom shop?

I'm in the CA in the SF Bay Area and would love to find an aftermarket shop that has done this.

Thanks guys,
Charlie

Reactions: beachmiles
How's it going guys. Just sat in a Model S today and need more leg room in the drivers seat. I'm 6'6"
When I first sat down (I'm 6'4") I thought the same. But once I started playing with the controls I found a very comfortable position - and I'm not even all the way back. I think the trick was rocking the seat cushion (I think I have the front up and the back down, but I'm not sure). Play with it :)

I found the same thing with the driver's seat. I am not a super tall guy by any means but by moving the seat back, then up, then rocking the seat back it opens up a ton of leg room. I have since moved my seat closer to the steering wheel since moving the seat up and rocking it back.

I'm 6'6" (and also in the Bay Area). While not as roomy as my previous car (7-series BMW), this car is probably one of the best I've driven for tall people (if you have the sun roof).

Initially I had the seat all the way back and down flat, but I would have three issues: 1. no leg support, 2. right leg rubbing against console, 3. rubbing b-pillar on way in (because of low seat).

I found that I was much more comfortable if I put the seat all the way back, but raised it a bit in the back and up all-the-way in the front (w/ seat angle adjusted to be closer to vertical). This angles the legs up a bit and seems more comfortable. It also helps avoid the b-pillar on the way in. In other cars, I've brought out the steering wheel all the way, but in this car, I find it works better to keep the steering wheel further, as it helps with getting in (because it doesn't move out of the way when getting in/out).

Have had the car since Feb. The first week or two it was a bit awkward getting in/out and I too wondered if there would be a way to provide more space, but after finding the right position I never feel like I want to adjust further.

Clayton

Has anyone found a solution to this, ie rail extenders, custom shop?

I'm in the CA in the SF Bay Area and would love to find an aftermarket shop that has done this.

Thanks guys,
Charlie
I am also 6’6” tall and have had my model S for over four years now . I’m finding the seat and lack of leg room to be a terrible drag .
My knees are way too bent with the seat all the way back . It’s like I’m in a go cart .
This is my only problem with the car .
Hoping to have the rails moved back . And perhaps a newer seat as the seat in my 2013 model are not comfortable at all .

Reactions: beachmiles