TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

More Electric Fun

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by eAdopter, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. eAdopter

eAdopter Member

Hello Tesla owners and reservation holders!

I purchased a Model S in 2013 and love the car. These forums seem to be good for sharing experiences. I hope it’s alright to share some ideas.

For decades I've been a bicycle enthusiast, riding both road and mountain bikes, and want to share some information with other conservation-minded folks.

In the spirit of using less fossil fuel and continuing to exercise, last year I purchased an electric bike. I completed months of research and test rides and chose a rather expensive model.

I drive my Model S for longer trips, and use the bike for short trips to the grocery store, etc. We feel like electric vehicles are part of an important conservation trend. As a bonus, both the Model S and electric bike are fun!!!

My current electric bike is good but it barely fits into the back of my Model S because the rear wheel can't be (easily) removed. I think this is true of all/most hub-motor electric bikes. And I don’t know if the bike will fit into our new Model 3.

I considered putting a hitch on my Model S. I also considered roof racks. Last week I found a better solution to share with you.

While browsing the internet I found a crowdfunded electric bike. The brand is Flux, here's a link: www.flux.bike

It has quick-release front and rear wheels, and a 13 or 17 ah battery for excellent range up to about 45 miles. With both wheels removed, the bike will easily fit into the back of my Model S and I'll be able to ride in new places away from home. It might even fit into the Model 3. Nice!

I hope this is helpful for others considering a more electric lifestyle.

We're looking forward to receiving our Model 3! Best of luck to everyone!!!

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. eAdopter

eAdopter Member

Hmm, no other eBike riders?

3. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

I ride my bike with my own 2 legs. I need the exercise. I tend to get a bit pudgier in winter.

• Love x 1
  4. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Supporting Member

I do. I have a ProdecoTech Phantom X. It's a full-size folding bike. It's one of the few, if not the only FS folding e-Bike that I'm aware of. I bought it secondhand, and had to have about $700 worth of work done to it, including a new motor. It's in the shop currently to get an upgraded chainring (sprocket). I have a trail that goes most of the way from my home to work, and weather-permitting, I love riding into work.

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  5. Tree95

Tree95 Member

I think this looked so much like spam that we're ignoring it.

• Informative x 1
  6. eAdopter

eAdopter Member

Nice looking bike!