TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

More Elon in AE : 500 mile range etc etc

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Dan43, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Dan43

Dan43 Member

2. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

"We’re going to keep improving battery technology and even with Model 3 we’ll expect a range of over 200 miles with a price of around $35,000." [Very recent.]

3. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

I'm a huge fan of the man but can't disagree more on autonomous cars. Cannot wait to be a able to get in a car and say "take me home James", and fall asleep. Wake up to a chime as it pulls into my driveway. The future!!!

4. bsd

bsd Member

You can get this now: take a taxi/limo. I'm sure they'll chime with a generous tip.

5. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

I aint't-a gettin into any car named "James".

Just sayin'.

6. strider

strider Active Member

Wonder if that bit about notifying about queues at Supercharger was real or just more Elon-speak?

7. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

Not the same at all. Daily taxi service is too expensive, and a taxi won't take you cross-country. A self-driving car would. To each his own. Lots of people don't trust the idea, despite the fact that their lives are in the "hands" of computers and other automated systems every day - from stop-lights to airplanes. I can't wait. I want a robot that will cook dinner and do the laundry too. The future is bright, if we don't exterminate ourselves first.