Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More fun with CF Wrap: Storage Box/console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need lots of storage for all my junk. After I wrapped my FOB, I decided tackle this problem but do it on a budget. I may still go with a Tesla CCI but until that's released this will have to do.

Items needed
1- $8 cardboard Box from Michaels, It closes with a flap but it has a small magnet to keep the clasp closed
2- 3M CF Wrap. I bought a small piece from my tint guy for $10. I think you can get it on Ebay or other retailers. You don't need much.
3- Tesla Logo, I printed on my color laser and used my daughter's glue stick. It can be removed easily. $0
4- Hairdryer to smooth out the vinyl

I can move the box as needed or I can tack it down using velcro.

IMG_0582.JPG
IMG_0584.JPG
IMG_0586.jpg
IMG_0593.jpg
IMG_0594.JPG
IMG_0598.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 504
I can move the box as needed or I can tack it down using velcro.
Sorry for probably taking it off-topic, but your post reminded me of something I've been considering.

Does anybody have know of a good way to macro a Velcro loop material carpet in the shape of the center console carpeting? What I have in mind is replacing that carpet with a Velcro loop material so that I can place things in the console area with the Velcro hook side to hold them firmly in place while the car is in motion. For example, it might work out well for a tissue box, cell phone, etc.

I bought velcro strips to install my frunk and truck led lights. I tacked on one side of the velcro strip (the side with the hooks) on the light and it grasp the carpet without any problems. As you can see from my picture, it's strong enough to keep the light in place.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...-in-Frunk-and-Trunk/page5?p=343830#post343830

Sorry for probably taking it off-topic, but your post reminded me of something I've been considering.

Does anybody have know of a good way to macro a Velcro loop material carpet in the shape of the center console carpeting? What I have in mind is replacing that carpet with a Velcro loop material so that I can place things in the console area with the Velcro hook side to hold them firmly in place while the car is in motion. For example, it might work out well for a tissue box, cell phone, etc.