Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More M3 than Bolt in 2017? Yes or No

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you had asked me 90 days ago I would have thought that there would very obviously be more Bolts delivered in 2017 by some sort of enormous number, maybe with an exponent attached.

Right now, between the Bolt's sluggish sales and what seems to be Tesla firing on all electrons, I would say it's... plausible that Tesla matches GM for sub-$50,000 EV deliveries in 2017. Unreal.

There should be at least 6 Bolts within 250 miles of you right now for sale. Go to Cars.com and type in your zip.

I think he meant will he randomly see a Bolt driving around before he sees a Model 3 driving around, not is it possible to drive 250 miles and see one if he really really wanted to. Obviously in California I see Bolts every day already.

(oops, I see that S3XY beat me to it)

I think he meant will he randomly see a Bolt driving around before he sees a Model 3 driving around, not is it possible to drive 250 miles and see one if he really really wanted to. Obviously in California I see Bolts every day already.

(oops, I see that S3XY beat me to it)
I think it'd be difficult for me to spot the difference between a Sonic, Bolt, and a Spark driving down the road. Perhaps if I cared more about ugly cars... :p

• Funny
Reactions: RobStark and EinSV
I think it'd be difficult for me to spot the difference between a Sonic, Bolt, and a Spark driving down the road. Perhaps if I cared more about ugly cars... :p

I know you were joking, but I've actually been surprised how distinctive the Bolt is. The creases on the side of the car make it look very different than those other cars (and in a good way, unlike the i3). There's one parked down the street from me next to a Leaf, and whenever I see them together I'm struck by how godawful ugly the Leaf really is.

Reactions: JeffK
I know you were joking, but I've actually been surprised how distinctive the Bolt is. The creases on the side of the car make it look very different than those other cars (and in a good way, unlike the i3). There's one parked down the street from me next to a Leaf, and whenever I see them together I'm struck by how godawful ugly the Leaf really is.
TBH I'd rather see street full of these instead of hearing one gas guzzler gunning its engine in the middle of the night.