Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Model ≡ or Bolts in 2017?

Which vehicle will have more units produced in 2017?

• Model ≡

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Bolt

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sonny Daze

Oct 21, 2016
DC
With the official release of the Chevy Bolt supposedly happening tomorrow, I thought this would be a good time to ask the question.

I went back and forth between focusing on production or sales but since Tesla and Chevy count sales differently, I finally settled on production so that it would be more of an apples to apples comparison.

Eclectic

Nov 8, 2014
Montana
Since the history of Tesla product launches is very clear, the odds are that at best, there will be a handful of Model 3s produced/delivered in 2017. On top of that, the Model 3 hasn't even advanced beyond the prototype stage. Meanwhile, Bolt sales are about to start. There will be more Bolts produced/sold in 2017 and, very likely, 2018 as well.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler

Clomer

May 21, 2014
Colorado Springs
Since the history of Tesla product launches is very clear, the odds are that at best, there will be a handful of Model 3s produced/delivered in 2017. On top of that, the Model 3 hasn't even advanced beyond the prototype stage. Meanwhile, Bolt sales are about to start. There will be more Bolts produced/sold in 2017 and, very likely, 2018 as well.
I fully expect the Bolt to ship more units than the Model 3 in 2017, but if Tesla produces even a fifth of what Musk is publicly announcing in 2018, the Model 3 will absolutely trounce the Bolt in that year.

Trips

"Boring bonehead questions are not cool. Next?"
Sep 22, 2015
Omaha, NE
Produced:
Model 3 - 75,000
Bolt - 25,000

Sold:
Model 3 - 25,000 (50,000 held back for tax credit reasons and fixing early issues)
Bolt - 7,000 (Plus 15,000 leases)

Jeff N

Oct 31, 2011
I just looked up Bolt inventory on cars.com

Zero

I was expecting at least two.
I'm not aware of any retail dealer deliveries yet. There was a news story that claimed a bunch of cars were scheduled to be delivered today to a dealer in Portland but I suspect the reporter was confused.

Sonny Daze

Oct 21, 2016
DC
Was closer than I thought it would be (thought the fanboys would come out in force :)). Don't think there will be too many surprises with Bolt production. Will all come down to how quickly Tesla ramps up (assuming they get started "on time").

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC