Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Model ≡ or Bolts in 2017?

Which vehicle will have more units produced in 2017?

• Model ≡

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Bolt

Votes: 29 53.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the official release of the Chevy Bolt supposedly happening tomorrow, I thought this would be a good time to ask the question.

I went back and forth between focusing on production or sales but since Tesla and Chevy count sales differently, I finally settled on production so that it would be more of an apples to apples comparison.

Since the history of Tesla product launches is very clear, the odds are that at best, there will be a handful of Model 3s produced/delivered in 2017. On top of that, the Model 3 hasn't even advanced beyond the prototype stage. Meanwhile, Bolt sales are about to start. There will be more Bolts produced/sold in 2017 and, very likely, 2018 as well.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Since the history of Tesla product launches is very clear, the odds are that at best, there will be a handful of Model 3s produced/delivered in 2017. On top of that, the Model 3 hasn't even advanced beyond the prototype stage. Meanwhile, Bolt sales are about to start. There will be more Bolts produced/sold in 2017 and, very likely, 2018 as well.
I fully expect the Bolt to ship more units than the Model 3 in 2017, but if Tesla produces even a fifth of what Musk is publicly announcing in 2018, the Model 3 will absolutely trounce the Bolt in that year.

Was closer than I thought it would be (thought the fanboys would come out in force :)). Don't think there will be too many surprises with Bolt production. Will all come down to how quickly Tesla ramps up (assuming they get started "on time").