Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Model X fails, Charger Port Fail, Window STILL squeaky

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You do realize that parts on ALL cars occasionally fail???... Apparently not since you're so invested on making sure EVERY problem you have, perceived or real, is brought to our attention... Granted we know why, it's to give you leverage with Tesla as you have admitted in the past but for the love of...

Jeff
Your comment is rude and presumptive. I have already filed my lemon law arbitration against Tesla and, despite all of the problems with my car, the arbitrator determined that I did not own a lemon. Now I am just keeping an ongoing diary of my problems. Letting people know about the problems they might face when buying a Tesla is all I am interested in.

Your comment is rude and presumptive. I have already filed my lemon law arbitration against Tesla and, despite all of the problems with my car, the arbitrator determined that I did not own a lemon. Now I am just keeping an ongoing diary of my problems. Letting people know about the problems they might face when buying a Tesla is all I am interested in.

Right... How noble of you... :rolleyes:

Jeff

Right... How noble of you... :rolleyes:

Jeff
You
You do realize that parts on ALL cars occasionally fail???... Apparently not since you're so invested on making sure EVERY problem you have, perceived or real, is brought to our attention... Granted we know why, it's to give you leverage with Tesla as you have admitted in the past but for the love of...

Jeff
Taking a page from your hero's playbook? "Everyone's saying..."; "All cars occasionally fail"

The same thing happened with my 3 month old Model X. I had it in for it's 2nd service visit and 23rd service item being fixed. Went to pick it up and they said when they went to do the final charge before handing it back they realized the charge port door had failed and that they couldn't charge the car so I had to go home without my car.

Yes, parts do occasionally fail but we need to help keep Tesla accountable. We as customers need to let them know of these problems so they are aware and can improve. Tesla is not all-knowing, Tesla is not perfect. I'm not disparaging the company but we as early adopters should be doing our part to help improve their processes.

Jeff, there's no need to be rude. He is well within his right to post about the issue here.

Reactions: MXZoomZoom
I have a December 2016 Model X with a squeaky window that took four trips to the SC to get it down to the point where I will probably live with it. What they did this last time was to repair (replace???) the chrome to address specific spots that were causing the squeak as it rolls up. Now, I still have a more minor problem only at the top, so it is not that lengthy squeaking you get. I would recommend looking at the chrome and the weather sealing all around when you bring it back to the SC.

After an OTA update, I had the charge port issue. You've probably tried depressing the thumbwheels on the steering wheel, but my issue went away and didn't return.

Oh wow, arbitration denied? That's kind of unexpected. I think that does not preclude the next steps according to TN lemon law?

Still you at least have your car, Tesla agreed to repurchase mine, took the car back and... I am still waiting for that check two weeks later...

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Oh wow, arbitration denied? That's kind of unexpected. I think that does not preclude the next steps according to TN lemon law?

Still you at least have your car, Tesla agreed to repurchase mine, took the car back and... I am still waiting for that check two weeks later...
Yeah, I did not go past the arbitration phase because I'm lucky and have an RVG on my X, so Tesla has to buy it back at year 3 if I want, which is what I'll be doing. I still love Tesla, and I'll be getting another Tesla in 1.5 years. I'm just upset that they are not focusing on quality control while at the same time bragging about drive in theaters at charging stations.

I had a similar window streaking sound on my front passenger window whenever the door is closed. So I bought
nextzett 91480615 'Gummi Pflege Stift' Rubber Care Stick
3 days ago off Amazon and glide it on the rubber trim where the window touches to get rid of the noise.

I too had window regulator issues when I bought the car. I just went with it, never got it fixed, now it makes absolutely no noise...

Be patient with the car, sure it won’t fix itself, but there is a warranty for a reason.

Best car I’ve ever owned, not the most luxurious, but definitely the best

Reactions: Freedom101

Jeff

I have owned nine new cars besides the X. None one save one (a MINI Cooper S) have had problems requiring warranty service within the first three years. The MINI's issues were very minor (a failed sensor).

My first X, on the other hand, was a straight up nightmare. Fortunately, the newer versions are much better.