Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More page jumping around

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has been a problem for a while, and I can't track down exactly what call is causing it.

But I'll click on a link to load a thread with an anchor tag in the URL, like this:

P75D Model S???

The page loads, and goes to the proper post. Great. I'll start reading and then scrolling down to read subsequent posts, but the page is still "loading"... when the page finally loads, there's some javascript somewhere that triggers it to pop back up to the anchored post.

Sometimes this will happen 3, 4 or 5 times -- the page jumps back up to the anchored post.

I think it has to do with images or thumbnails or maybe the social media icons loading separately, and as each one loads, the page pops back up to the original anchored post. This is really frustrating as I might have read down three of four posts by the time the page finishes loading, and each time, in the middle of reading a post, the page pops back up again. I also have all ad and content blockers turned off.

So is there some javascript callback function or something that is being called to re-anchor the page after each <something> loads?

Yes. This happens to me all the time. I'll scroll to where I want to read and the page will focus elsewhere. I'll scroll back and it will jump back...again and again. :-(

I forgot to mention that this is when viewing on mobile devices. I can't recall having the problem when viewing on a desktop.

Last edited: