You can install our site as a web app on your iOS device by utilizing the Add to Home Screen feature in Safari. Please see this thread for more details on this.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.
The increase should be resulted from the upgrades on the fuse. This should not be show unless u chose the fuse upgrade otherwise the hp should be the same as before.
Where's your reference for the 0.1s difference between a P85DL and a P90DL. Different people seem to have been told conflicting things about this.
The power figures on the motors are generally quite confusing and inconsistent. I think they represent the highest peak output that each motor generates in that particular car, for the current firmware configuration. Given that the lower end cars are clearly software limited in order to create variation across the range, and the higher end ones are limited by the power output of the pack, the result is not that intuitive.
Very nice summary No2DinosaurFuel....
There has been VERY LITTLE discussion here on the forum regarding the internals of the new RANGE 90 kWh battery pack. Not for lack of asking....
How did TM do to get from 85 to 90?? New cells, More cells, mix of new and old cells???
I notice that the choice of RANGE which results in the 90 kWh pack does NOT increase the EPA mileage on the 90 90D or P90D... odd
PS... you may want to update the above motor data for the 90 and 90D
1) S40, S60, S70, S85, P85 all share the same rear motor.
3) The P85D share only the front motor with the S85D and the S70D. The rear motor is the same as the on in the rear wheel drive version only (S40, S60, S70, S85, P85).
4) The drive unit of the P85D is the same as the P85, the beefed up one. This is why it's less efficient as well as giving it more HP. One can theoretically say the P85D with the front motor off is essentially a P85 with some added weight.
Seems like you contradict yourself here... You're saying the P85D is just a P85 with an extra motor, but you said in your first point that P85 all the way down to S40 have the same rear motor... So then the P85D without the front motor = an S40? Where does the beefed up rear motor come into play?
It is the inverter that is beefed up. The motor is thr same. Same size same magnets and wiring. To date i think i have seen 3 different motors tesla have created.
1) big power rear motor for all the RWD model and the p85D and the p90D.
2) low speed optimized rear motor for the awd model that are NOT p85d or p90d.
3) hgh speed optimized front motor for all the awd model.
The only unknown is maybe the p85d had the low speed optimized motor also in the front to allow it to get a super fast acceleration at the price of highway range. Hence why you see 253 EPA miles on the p85d compared to the 85d's 270 EPA miles range. But i cannot confirm.