TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

More Smileys?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by 1208, Mar 25, 2015.

1. 1208

1208 Active Member

Anyone else think there should be a larger variety of smileys to use on the forum?

Such as...

Smileys.gif

awaits someone to post a smiley holding a ban sign...

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

2nd row, 2nd from left...would have been waaaaay overused in the current Model X discussions.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

4. TES-E

TES-E Member

5. bluenation

bluenation Member

#5 bluenation, Mar 25, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    i've come across recent tech articles that smileys need to be um, "more diverse." because apparently, all these yellow faces with zero facial hair are ....too caucasian. and male. or whatever.

LOL.

(i agree with OP, btw. But wacky, fun, silly smileys like the ones you posted seem to be in contrast to the TMC ethos, which seems to err on the side being serious, staid, and even sterile, if i may)

:)

6. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Huh. I seem to remember *someone* complaining when a certain moderator was NOT serious / staid enough. Whooooooo could that be???

:) << makes it all better, LOL!

7. Auzie

Auzie Tree Hugger Member

#7 Auzie, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    My perceptions about TMC are quite different to yours, maybe we frequent different threads, or it could be that different people have very different perceptual filters.

Maybe we see what we want to see, maybe we project who we are out in the world and see it reflected back to us, who knows, it is often impossible to say what the truth is as it may be relative, not absolute.

I would describe TMC as full of experts and creative folks, fun, diverse, insightful, informative, argumentative, even verbally combative, competitive(with reputation points..), civilised, hilarious, intelligent, factual, quite literate, tech-savvy, friendly,...with a healthy dose of a spicy snippiness cool.gif

It would be fancy to have a snippy or a snarky icon in a library, for those snippy moments

8. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

smiley-face-laughing.gif