TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

More superchargers soon

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by gregincal, Mar 21, 2013.

1. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

From the George B blog post:

We will be adding Supercharger coverage in many areas over the next three to four months, installing our first Superchargers in the Pacific Northwest, Texas, Illinois, and Florida with additional coverage in the Northeast and California.

Can't wait!

2. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Mid Atlantic pleeeeeezzzzz!!!

3. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

No AZ love? Unless they are going to put them in CA border towns. I thought we heard that ones to make PHX to LV and LA possible were imminent!

4. Cheerose

Cheerose Member

I-40 would be great (especially for Route 66ers)

5. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

Yea I think Elon said in his interview the other day that we'll be able to go from NYC to LA using superchargers by end of this year.

6. 4sevens.com

4sevens.com Member

florida!! time for a trip to florida (from georgia)

7. TurboFroggy

TurboFroggy Member

Whoohoo Northwest! Hopefully somewhere on I-5 between Seattle and Portland and between Portland and Medford area maybe.

8. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I second that. The entire I-95 corridor would be wonderful, especially south of Washington into North Carolina, say Richmond or Emporia and Rocky Mount NC.

9. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

And definitely need one south of DC (NoVa) -- I want to be able to drive up to DC and back without trying to figure out how to do it, or having to drive (gasp!) 55...

10. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

+1

I bet they stage in the entire thing: I-40 all the way from Barstow to Raleigh and connect to I-95.

Surely soon we'll hear about Superchargers on I-10 from LA to Phoenix, I-17 from Phoenix to Flagstaff, and I-40 from Flagstaff to Barstow. That would enable a lot of travel. Kingman is a bit more than 100 miles from the strip. Barstow to Kingman is a bit far at just over 200 miles, especially with the altitude changes and blaring heat during the summer, but there's a stop about half way, Hi Sahara Oasis, just north of Essex. Kingman to Flagstaff is just under 150 miles, albeit uphill with 75mph speed limit.

Then, assuming Texas Superchargers will be along I-35 between Dallas/Fort Worth & San Antonio and I-45 between D/FW & Houston, and Pacific Northwest & additional California Superchargers will enable travel from WA (& maybe even BC) all the way to Barstow, adding some along I-40 between Flagstaff & OKC and I-35 between OKC & Dallas would allow travel from Seattle (& maybe even Vancouver) all the way to Houston!

Then they complete the route from OKC to Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Greensboro, & on to Raleigh. By that time, I-95 Boston to Miami will be complete. Now the whole West Coast & East Coast are covered, with I-40 connecting them.

11. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

+100 - definitely looking for help in the no man's land between Petersburg and Wilson, NC

12. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

C'mon... Tesla's selling cars in the Great White North now... how about some Canadian love!

13. aviators99

aviators99 Model S - R140

I thought that there is one almost ready in Kingston, Ontario?

14. Adm

Adm Active Member

How about a coast to coast corridor for some extra publicity?

15. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

How about an 80 amp J1772 for the poor Roadster owners and as a backup for model S owners?

16. Tesla 940

Tesla 940 Member

That would be great! Charge at nearly 60 Ideal Miles per hour - twice what you can do at a RV campground.

17. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

It would have to be a 70A J1772 as the Roadster will NOT charge from an 80A circuit. There is a flaw in the firmware that cannot read the 80A pilot signal.

18. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

*sigh*

Feeling lonely and isolated here in Colorado. We need a supercharger or two between Denver and Santa Fe/ABQ, not to mention I-70 east and west...puhleez, oh, pretty please?

19. jkirkebo

jkirkebo Model S P85+ VIN 14420 EU

Is 70A the max the Roadster will take? Or is 75A ok ?

Anyhow, Tesla should REALLY fix this now. It can't be very difficult...

20. rlpm

rlpm S P85 | Sig X _P90D_

#20 rlpm, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    +1 : Two along I-25 between Albuquerque & Denver will enable trips to my nearest service center! I'm one of the 1% farther than 100 miles from the closest one.

But my guess is we'll first see I-40 from Barstow to Flagstaff & I-17 from there to Phoenix (see my post above). A few more along I-40 from Flagstaff to ABQ would enable trips to the (not yet open) Scottsdale service center for Burqueños like myself.