Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More superchargers soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feeling lonely and isolated here in Colorado. We need a supercharger or two between Denver and Santa Fe/ABQ, not to mention I-70 east and west...puhleez, oh, pretty please?
Unfortunately, that location isn't contemplated in the "first two years" map that Tesla published last year. Oddly, it does show one near Lamar CO, on US 50; it would be more valuable near Trinidad CO, on I-25. Clearly there are some important gaps in the plan!

Unfortunately, that location isn't contemplated in the "first two years" map that Tesla published last year. Oddly, it does show one near Lamar CO, on US 50; it would be more valuable near Trinidad CO, on I-25. Clearly there are some important gaps in the plan!

It would be interesting. If someone took the same two year plan and mark current locations available on a "current" map. Unless we have that already :p

> it does show one near Lamar CO, on US 50 [Robert.Boston]

That would take us from the Denver TM Store, where we can get a full charge, all the way to Amarillo TX which will have an SC (how could it not??). Then Bingo, you're in Dallas/Ft Worth.

TM should focus on the Trans-Continental RailRoad concept. You know, the Golden Spike. This could really capture the imagination of the public, i.e. a Golden Plug going into the first 2 cars making the trip, one coming from the East & the other from the West.
--

And definitely need one south of DC (NoVa) -- I want to be able to drive up to DC and back without trying to figure out how to do it, or having to drive (gasp!) 55...

Ok, All - My son and I are road-tripping from Boston to as far as we can get south in a couple of weeks. Thinking NYC, Delaware Water Gap, Williamsburg VA...dunno.
1. Ideas please! Any thoughts welcome.
2. Charging info - what's my last Supercharger heading south?

Newark Delaware Jim!

Beginning of June I'll be making my first trip to my sisters home in Richmond VA in my S which is 215 miles from the supercharger.

There are free, public charging stations in Richmond if you needed them, but plan on a 9-10 hour charge to get back to standard mode.

Let me know when you head south... Perhaps I'll join you for part if the way and meet you at the Milford CT supercharger!

Aaron

...I guess the Alaska Highway's out of the question, in this millennium anyway..... :crying:

Well, I knew that before I ordered. While I FAR prefer to drive to the lesser-48, my wife and I have been discussing the increased likelihood of taking the AKMHS (that's the ferry to Bellingham, WA, for you tropical folks) for our hops to the Valley Of The Sunstroke in the winters to come. It's a-gonna rankle, though - having to PAY to "drive" those 2,500 miles between here and the next charging station!!!!!!