Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Swag! RC Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got mine today and I had to use a hack saw to get the plastic packaging pieces off the car (the screws stripped immediately and I had no other way to move them). Well worth the effort. Very fun car on smooth surfaces.

I am very appreciative of the nice card and gift, but I find that mine looks better than it drives. So I put it back in the box, so I can look at it and keep it as a collector's item.

I might take it out to paint it "jet black" :biggrin:

I found the steering very unresponsive and erratic - sometimes the wheels would turn and other times not. So I took the whole steering assembly apart and re-assembled it, testing function at each stage. Whenever it looked like it was locking up again I did one of three things:
1. Lubricated rotating parts with graphite - from a handy pencil!
2. Gently wiggled electrical connections - I took off some tape holding down a capacitor and let it sit freely which seemed to help.
3. Checked everything was sitting right.

Net result it now works well. Why? Couldn't say for sure.

But a fun way to spend part of Christmas day and very pleasing to my 11 year old son who was just a bit frustrated with it beforehand.

Oh, and by the way Tesla, well done! Your gift made it into my son's top three gifts this Christmas!

I found the steering very unresponsive and erratic - sometimes the wheels would turn and other times not. So I took the whole steering assembly apart and re-assembled it, testing function at each stage. Whenever it looked like it was locking up again I did one of three things:
1. Lubricated rotating parts with graphite - from a handy pencil!
2. Gently wiggled electrical connections - I took off some tape holding down a capacitor and let it sit freely which seemed to help.
3. Checked everything was sitting right.

Net result it now works well. Why? Couldn't say for sure.

But a fun way to spend part of Christmas day and very pleasing to my 11 year old son who was just a bit frustrated with it beforehand.

Oh, and by the way Tesla, well done! Your gift made it into my son's top three gifts this Christmas!

Much to my dismay, mine is unresponsive. The red LED on the remote control is the only thing that works. I will take this apart to troubleshoot as soon as I have a free afternoon. This is much to nice of a toy to just "look at".

Much to my dismay, mine is unresponsive. The red LED on the remote control is the only thing that works. I will take this apart to troubleshoot as soon as I have a free afternoon. This is much to nice of a toy to just "look at".

Mine was dead as well - gave it to one of the guys in our development dept (it was close to Christmas and they did not seem to have much else to do :). Fault was one of the screws shorting out a capacitor. Now works fine.

Mine was dead as well - gave it to one of the guys in our development dept (it was close to Christmas and they did not seem to have much else to do :). Fault was one of the screws shorting out a capacitor. Now works fine.

I did make sure the car and remote were using the same channel. I actually tryed all 3 channels. Thanks for the tip on the loose screw, I will check this out. Should I call for the Tesla Rangers to fix this? (ha). Happy New Year to all.

My kids LOVED this. It was a New Year's gift from Elon. Great way to keep the fires burning for those of us waiting patiently for the Model S. My kids (9, 7 and 3) are asking lots of questions about Tesla and are psyched for us to finally get our car. Great marketing by Tesla.

I got mine today too! , thanks Tesla!

Kopie+von+homer_1024x768.jpg

Another One!

My gosh!

Tesla just sent me another Roadster RC car. This one is Very Orange, as opposed to the Radiant Red one I got earlier.

I have to assume this one is for my Model S reservation, whereas the previous one was as a Roadster owner...

VeryOrange.jpg

Last edited: