Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Tesla Model X Fails, videos and pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....., they offered less than the law would require........ I'm tired of keeping everything secret in the dim hopes that Tesla will do right by me.

As I said in my post...."full disclosure". I'm getting the feeling you're hiding something still and don't understand why unless you signed an NDA or some such (I suspect not as you're still posting)? I also suspect this is where @jeffro01 is coming from in defense of this forum. Do the right thing if you want get everyone on your side....FULL DISCLOSURE. If you're unwilling to do so, then you'll have to allow for the skeptics.

Just so you know, I have not accused you of "blackmailing" Tesla just yet. Merely that Blackmailing is akin to stealing.

I've had my fair share of problems with my car (and yes, it really is F00011) as the previous owner really didn't do much in the way of correcting the faults of the car during his time of ownership. Unfortunately for me, I have more time then billions of $, so can be patient with Tesla on getting my car right. It's still not 100% fixed (and I don't suspect it'll ever be), but much like a parent rearing children, I'll stand by Tesla's side and steer them along the way to becoming a better citizen to our world. Please do us all a favor, chip in?

but much like a parent rearing children, I'll stand by Tesla's side and steer them along the way to becoming a better citizen to our world. Please do us all a favor, chip in?

^ The crux of the problem. ^

Those that see Tesla as a "mission", vs those that expect a high quality product in exchange for 6 figures of $. The mix continues to change.

I wouldn't behave any differently than the OP. In fact, if it were my $150K, I would be far more angry given the problems with this vehicle. I get his approach. "Mission"? Meh......

I don't see how it should create leverage, either, but it appears that it has. He was contacted about the publicity from Tesla directly. It's also clear from the tone of these posts and others that he believes this has at least some level of strategy attached to it.

It's Tesla's choice how they want to react, and it's OP's choice how he wants to behave. I was public about the faults with my X on this forum as well, but my tone was different. Tesla never contacted me, and I never went the lemon law route. 13k miles later, the X is in good shape and we're planning yet another ~4k mile road trip - this time towing our Airstream. But it took a while to get us here.
@ohmman is one model example of how to proceed with tact and style. We would all benefit from learning by his example.

^ The crux of the problem. ^.....

"Mission"? Meh......

upload_2017-3-1_12-48-14.jpeg

^ The crux of the problem. ^

Those that see Tesla as a "mission", vs those that expect a high quality product in exchange for 6 figures of $. The mix continues to change.

I wouldn't behave any differently than the OP. In fact, if it were my $150K, I would be far more angry given the problems with this vehicle. I get his approach. "Mission"? Meh......

Letting go of 'mission' vs. 'expect high quality product' for a moment (because I do not think the two are mutually exclusive) ...

For me it's about relationship building. Are you going to work with the same team again in the future? Then why would you NOT treat them with respect as you work towards a solution? (Actually, why wouldn't you treat everyone with respect, but that's a nother convo.)

I don't know about you, but escalating a situation unnecessarily has never worked out for me in regards to future interactions with the same people. Sure, it may get you your way short-term. But it generally doesn't work out so well long-term.

Letting go of 'mission' vs. 'expect high quality product' for a moment (because I do not think the two are mutually exclusive) ...

For me it's about relationship building. Are you going to work with the same team again in the future? Then why would you NOT treat them with respect as you work towards a solution? (Actually, why wouldn't you treat everyone with respect, but that's a nother convo.)

I don't know about you, but escalating a situation unnecessarily has never worked out for me in regards to future interactions with the same people. Sure, it may get you your way short-term. But it generally doesn't work out so well long-term.
In this particular instance, that would depend on how often you replace cars - if longer than a year then there is big chance that the people you escalated with will not longer be there. With most of us (my assumption) going at least 3 years with the the same car I think chances of seeing the same people at delivery are pretty small.

Reactions: davidc18
In this particular instance, that would depend on how often you replace cars - if longer than a year then there is big chance that the people you escalated with will not longer be there. With most of us (my assumption) going at least 3 years with the the same car I think chances of seeing the same people at delivery are pretty small.
Delivery folks talk to the service center team. Same with sales.

My approach has worked well for me. In practice, not in theory. Obviously we're all different in our approaches. Just was sharing my personal philosophy. You do you.

(I've had my Roadster for 6+ years & recently relocated to a new state. And the new team had obviously talked to my old team. And I was glad they had, since I had a great relationship with my old team. They were fantastic (Rocklin) - and it appears the new team is, also.)

I don't believe the OP "wants" to escalate this...

I believe he's doing it because he feels like he has no choice...

And how do you build a relationship w/ "anyone" if there's a giant valley that separates your two opinions?

The OP wants a car that functions w/o issues. Tesla wants him to keep bringing it back for service...
At some point, you get tired of smiling to everyone, and having your car at the shop more than in your garage....

This is what the window sounded like AFTER they "fixed" it. It was on or near the same day I got it back that the driver's side window was making this noise.

The same thing happened to me last year when I brought in my X for a window noise repair. The secret, I discovered, was to NEVER open your windows! Because while my fixed window was silent on most of the drive home, when we lowered the window to say, "hi" to a friend, and then got on the highway for the last leg home, the wind noise was like a vacuum cleaner!

Luckily, on try #3, the service center finally got the window to work consistently by replacing the whole darned mechanism.

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: davidc18 and Cowby
@jeffro01 - just shut up, man! Because "LOL... This has gotten comical... I don't know if I've ever seen a member behave in the way" @jeffro01 "is behaving".

"This entire thread and the behavior of" @jeffro01 "represents a bad attempt at parenting". Many have "reacted to his postings when they never should have to begin with"

I don't know what your problem is, I really don't. Mocking other members is generally against the rules and I'd know as I've gotten in trouble many times over the years doing so.

Perhaps you're juvenile posts would be better served elsewhere?

Jeff

I hope you see the irony in your own statements applying directly to you, like so:

@jeffro01, "I don't know what your problem is, I really don't." ... "Perhaps you're juvenile posts would be better served elsewhere"

You stated your opinion (multiple times), many members, myself included, let you know that majority is on the OP side, but you keep repeating over and over and over and over the same thing and most of what you say applies directly to your posts more than the OP.

I hope you see the irony in your own statements applying directly to you, like so:

@jeffro01, "I don't know what your problem is, I really don't." ... "Perhaps you're juvenile posts would be better served elsewhere"

You stated your opinion (multiple times), many members, myself included, let you know that majority is on the OP side, but you keep repeating over and over and over and over the same thing and most of what you say applies directly to your posts more than the OP.

I don't really care how much of your suspected majority agrees with me or not. That's got nothing to do with your posts towards me, not one thing. You've decided to continually come at me where other members have not. There is a big difference there...

My entire point continues to be, whether you agree with it or not, that the behavior of the OP isn't consistent with the kind of behavior that's generally allowed on TMC. Period. This isn't a complaint thread, this isn't a venting thread. This is a "ooo I'm an unhappy customer who Tesla hasn't done enough to kiss my posterior so I've decided that since I'm super special I'm going to threaten Tesla with specific posts done in a specific manor over a specific timeframe hoping that they give me what I want to save themselves from the publicity because again, I'm super duper special. Only Tesla isn't giving me what I want so I'm going to double down until they do because I'm more special than any other customer with a problem, that'll show 'em... Oh and I'm not going to be 100% forthcoming with what Tesla has offered me since I'm not done trying to milk this cow for every last possible drop because I expect people won't catch that I set this up awhile back and so I'll get the full benefit of TMC member sympathy until Tesla inevitably gives me what I want..."

I have a problem with that so as long as the OP is going to continue to behave in that manor, I'm going to continue to push back against it. Don't like it? Fine. Put me on ignore but I'm not going to sit here and let you directly mock me just because you disagree. It's against the rules and considering how many times I've been in trouble for breaking them, I expect them to be applied to you the same they were applied to me. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Jeff

I have a problem with that so as long as the OP is going to continue to behave in that manor, I'm going to continue to push back against it. Don't like it? Fine. Put me on ignore but I'm not going to sit here and let you directly mock me just because you disagree.
I think pushing back against the content of OP's posts is completely acceptable and in line with civilized discussion. But from my vantage point, it appears you're just as guilty of "directly mocking" another member here - the OP. Your posts appear to personally attack the member more than they do the content, at least in the way I'm reading them.

FWIW, I disagree with the overall tone of the thread as well. A squeaky window does not a "fail" make. Trust me, I've got an earlier X than the OP. But I do support his freedom to post and let others make their own judgement about those posts.

I think pushing back against the content of OP's posts is completely acceptable and in line with civilized discussion. But from my vantage point, it appears you're just as guilty of "directly mocking" another member here - the OP. Your posts appear to personally attack the member more than they do the content, at least in the way I'm reading them.

FWIW, I disagree with the overall tone of the thread as well. A squeaky window does not a "fail" make. Trust me, I've got an earlier X than the OP. But I do support his freedom to post and let others make their own judgement about those posts.

Fair enough, I appreciate your comment and constructive criticism of my posts. I'm not trying to personally attack the member more than the content but it would appear I'm not doing a well enough job in doing so. Since I've been trying to not make it personal and failing to do so, I'll likely bow out since it's not my intention to make this about "me" at all.

Thanks,
Jeff

Reactions: ABC2D and Cowby
When someone is willing to spend $100K to $150K on a new vehicle that is touted to be the best in the world, run by the one of the smartest guys in the world, having one issue after another, I'd be pretty CONFUSED and FRUSTRATED, just like the OP.

How can this be? Who could've expected this?

The OP should have our empathy, not ridicule.

There's nothing funny about having a $150K depreciating vehicle regularly malfunctioning.

The fact that some owners choose not to roll down their windows because they're afraid it might break, is quite the statement.