Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Tesla Model X Fails, videos and pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To quote tesla in such instances - whether paint blems - ghosting - learher seats all wrinkly, winows - doors grinding . Mirrors ets ;
"look - the demo cars are the same . . . it's normal . . . "
The same thing happened to me last year when I brought in my X for a window noise repair. The secret, I discovered, was to NEVER open your windows!......snip.......
that statement must be humor, right? because the same logic would say just leave the car at home and never drive it, then nothing will ever be wrong. That is, until the warranty expires. At that Junction, it's either on you or the subsequent buyer. If the OP isn't readily getting a remedy right up front, I'm guessing there's a huge chance it won't come at the end of the warranty either.

Last edited:
It's against the rules and considering how many times I've been in trouble for breaking them...

Maybe re-read that a few times before venturing forth into additional rulebreaking... just a thought. If you're the only one getting in trouble, then I think some self-evaluation is in order, because you may not be objective enough to see why your posts are flagged but others' aren't.

Maybe re-read that a few times before venturing forth into additional rulebreaking... just a thought. If you're the only one getting in trouble, then I think some self-evaluation is in order, because you may not be objective enough to see why your posts are flagged but others' aren't.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the ONLY one that gets into trouble here from time to time, actually I know I'm not... Odd post in that you'd take the time out of this thread to say something snarky towards me... Why? Eh... I don't really care to be honest with you. Either way I have a posting style that's abrasive and while I've dialed that back quite a bit, the overall nature isn't likely going to change...

Jeff

Reactions: Blastphemy
Hi all,

Here are some more videos of the bad quality of my Model X. It was delivered on June 23, 2016, and I have had nothing but problems with it. It has been in and out of service 8 or 9 times, for over 72 days. There are also links here to videos of other problems I have had with the Model X. Feel free to use these wherever you want, and feel free to contact me if you are in the same boat.

Side view mirror fail: Tesla Model X Safety Fail, side view mirror fail

Window fail: Tesla Model X window fail!

Driver's door sounding like it is possessed by a demon: Tesla Model X Door Fail!

Well, Musk did recently ask for some owner created commercials. You have the videos so all you need now is add a catchy tag line and you're all set.

Here are some ideas to get you started.

Tesla: Quality You Can Hear
Tesla: The Relentless Pursuit of Beta
Telsa: Quality is Job One(ish)
Tesla: You Provide the QA So We Don't Have To
Tesla: The Ultimate Beta Machine

This is a link to a video of the bad quality of my MX, and Tesla's poor repair performance for my vehicle. After the driver door was repaired once, they sent it back and there was water intrusion into the cabin. They had to come and pick it back up to fix the water intrusion.

I have issues with a lot of what they're offering me regarding my right to a replacement vehicle. They want to charge me for mileage, even though a good amount of mileage was for driving back and forth to the service center. They don't want to give me credit for the buy-back guarantee, even though that was a major reason that I decided to purchase. They don't want to give credit for supercharging for life. They want to deduct for the federal tax credit.
So...you collected the federal tax credit, but want them to pay you the credit also? I don't think a lemon law buyback is supposed to be a profit center for the customer.

So...you collected the federal tax credit, but want them to pay you the credit also? I don't think a lemon law buyback is supposed to be a profit center for the customer.
I think you just stepped into the grey area. Lemon law meets customer tax credit. Tesla probably should not be counting the customer specific tax credit in their math, but should be counting depreciation, so it is kind of a wash. In the OP's case, I would be happy having them refund all but the credit, so long as they waive the mileage depreciation charge. "All" includes sales tax and title/tags.

This is a link to a video of the bad quality of my MX, and Tesla's poor repair performance for my vehicle. After the driver door was repaired once, they sent it back and there was water intrusion into the cabin. They had to come and pick it back up to fix the water intrusion.

It's hard to see the water intrusion in the video, so here is the service invoice where they fixed the door and the window. There are other repairs on the invoice.

Attachments

• RONC9862002782 copy.pdf
    129.1 KB · Views: 58
Jeff, follow your own advice - just stop! If you dont like this thread and subject so much - just stop reading and participating in it!

"Just stop. Seriously... Just stop..."

I completely agree with this. As a long time Tesla owner I say just let the OP post about his legitimate problems with Tesla and his Model X. I was an early owner of the Model S (P85) from mid 2013. I loved the car but it had many issues. I was pretty patient with Tesla and let them fix everything. But the car was in the shop over 10 times while I owned it. Even upon delivery they never wrapped the car in transit back then so the front hood had all kinds of dents on it. Imagine taking delivery of a $130,000 car and having to have the hood repainted the week after taking delivery of it.

I still love Tesla and bought a new Model X last year. Fortunately they are much better built vs. my early Model S. I think they still have kinks to work but there is NOTHING wrong with allowing owners to post about their legitimate experiences with their vehicles. NO reason a new car this expensive should have ANY issues once you take delivery.

Reactions: M0DEL³
I have an X and it's amazing.

Had a couple of little things with it. Brought it in. They fixed every last one of them perfectly.

And even if I did have some problems that needed some more trips, I wouldn't whine and flame online about it.

I'm much more supportive of their mission, and how hard it is to ramp up innovative products that change the world when everyone is fighting against you. Amazing they are as great as they are.

So they get a big huge pass in my book when little things need adjusting. I drive a Tesla because I like being part of this crazy mission to bring electric cars to the world. I go into it expecting things are going to move fast and chaotic and fun and thrilling.

If I wanted a normal car experience and a "luxury SUV" with german engineering I would have bought a Mercedes. But of course it has a huge flaw that can't be fixed... that big gas engine.

Reactions: Cowby
I have an X and it's amazing.

Had a couple of little things with it. Brought it in. They fixed every last one of them perfectly.

And even if I did have some problems that needed some more trips, I wouldn't whine and flame online about it.

I'm much more supportive of their mission, and how hard it is to ramp up innovative products that change the world when everyone is fighting against you. Amazing they are as great as they are.

So they get a big huge pass in my book when little things need adjusting. I drive a Tesla because I like being part of this crazy mission to bring electric cars to the world. I go into it expecting things are going to move fast and chaotic and fun and thrilling.

If I wanted a normal car experience and a "luxury SUV" with german engineering I would have bought a Mercedes. But of course it has a huge flaw that can't be fixed... that big gas engine.
You can be supportive of the Zero Emission project and at the same time expect honesty and competence.

You can be supportive of the Zero Emission project and at the same time expect honesty and competence.

I definitely agree that you have to have patience being a Tesla owner. I was super patient with Tesla as I knew I was a beta tester back 4 years ago. Honestly, now I don't really look at a buyer as being a beta tester. Or at least a company that has been around as long as Tesla has should be more consistent. I'm a serial entrepreneur and started a few companies and honestly several years in you should be more consistent with quality control, IMHO.

That's Tesla's biggest problem is I think things aren't always consistent. Most people have great deliveries but there are still several that have pretty horrible deliveries and quality control isn't good for some. Tesla has improved DRASTICALLY over the years but I think they have to be really careful as more and more of the bigger players get into electric.

Also, once the cheaper cars come out I ironically don't think the ones paying less will have as much patience. Quite the opposite. I think you will hear tons of complaints and they won't be so patient. At the upper end of the spectrum I know for several people their Tesla is one of their vehicles but once Model 3 comes out these people if they experience problems won't be as big of Tesla fanboys as some are.

I love Tesla and love their mission and their technology and vehicles. I call them like I see them though and still lots of Tesla Fanboys out there that refuse to say (or listen) to anything critical about Tesla and are adamant that they can't do any wrong.

Here is a video of another in a long line of problems I have had with my Model X. I had owned my Model X for 6 months without any big problem with the FWDs. Then I had my family over to go to my daughter's winter performance and was showing off how we were going to fit everyone in the car super easy. Of course, I should never have tried to show off the super cool feature of the Model X because of course the door failed on me. I had to go in through the other FWD, move my baby daughter's car seat base to the other chair in the middle row, and then move the chair forward so I could show the neat way of getting into the back row.