Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Tesla Model X Fails, videos and pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Here are some more videos of the bad quality of my Model X. It was delivered on June 23, 2016, and I have had nothing but problems with it. It has been in and out of service 8 or 9 times, for over 72 days. There are also links here to videos of other problems I have had with the Model X. Feel free to use these wherever you want, and feel free to contact me if you are in the same boat.

Side view mirror fail: Tesla Model X Safety Fail, side view mirror fail

Window fail: Tesla Model X window fail!

Driver's door sounding like it is possessed by a demon: Tesla Model X Door Fail!

Hi all,

Here are some more videos of the bad quality of my Model X. It was delivered on June 23, 2016, and I have had nothing but problems with it. It has been in and out of service 8 or 9 times, for over 72 days. There are also links here to videos of other problems I have had with the Model X. Feel free to use these wherever you want, and feel free to contact me if you are in the same boat.

Side view mirror fail: Tesla Model X Safety Fail, side view mirror fail

Window fail: Tesla Model X window fail!

Driver's door sounding like it is possessed by a demon: Tesla Model X Door Fail!

Does your car qualify for Lemon Law?

Reactions: davidc18
Does your car qualify for Lemon Law?
It does qualify for lemon law treatment in Tennessee. I have mailed by certified mail the letter that is required to initiate the arbitration process. I started the replacement vehicle process with them over two moths ago, and they finally got back to me with their final offer. Needless to say, I did not consider their final offer in line with what Tennessee law requires, so I am moving to the next level.

I'm using this thread to post all of my problems, from start to finish, in one place. I will add videos and pictures over the next few weeks of all my problems. But to answer your question, these are in addition to the driver's side door not latching, the driver's door alignment issue, and the third row seat stuck in the down position.

I'm using this thread to post all of my problems, from start to finish, in one place. I will add videos and pictures over the next few weeks of all my problems. But to answer your question, these are in addition to the driver's side door not latching, the driver's door alignment issue, and the third row seat stuck in the down position.

The guy who was responsible for your doors (which I'm assuming includes, latches, windows & side mirrors) must have had one heck of an evening the day before....

• Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
I'm assuming you're having issues with them charging for usage. Do you mind sharing the details?
I have issues with a lot of what they're offering me regarding my right to a replacement vehicle. They want to charge me for mileage, even though a good amount of mileage was for driving back and forth to the service center. They don't want to give me credit for the buy-back guarantee, even though that was a major reason that I decided to purchase. They don't want to give credit for supercharging for life. They want to deduct for the federal tax credit.

I'm sure I'll get a wave of dislikes for this but... Please stop using TMC for your own personal vendetta/agenda against Tesla... This isn't your personal grievance space and you've posted enough threads with enough duplicate posts to get your point across... At this stage, nothing you post here is going to benefit you and if your overall goal is to damage Tesla in some way, then please take your BS elsewhere...

I don't doubt your issues, I don't doubt their frustrations, but at some point you have to do whats best for you and stop trying to leverage for more... You've clearly stated you initiated the lemon law in your state so you're going to get resolution. So why are you still here posting these threads?

At some point this transitions from reasonable, to annoying, to total joke and we're to the last stage now...

Jeff

I don't disagree with jeffro01; however, I do have compassion for Debaser because of the issues. I looked at his history too and saw that it was mostly complaints. I find it curious that Tesla doesn't just resolve the situation and send him on his merry way... unless Tesla's customer service is poor (which is contrary to what I know), his demands are unreasonable, and/or there's something else we're not hearing.

I have issues with a lot of what they're offering me regarding my right to a replacement vehicle. They want to charge me for mileage, even though a good amount of mileage was for driving back and forth to the service center. They don't want to give me credit for the buy-back guarantee, even though that was a major reason that I decided to purchase. They don't want to give credit for supercharging for life. They want to deduct for the federal tax credit.

They sure seem to want to nickel and dime you for something that is entirely their fault. Thanks for posting this, as I was just telling my wife yesterday that she dodged a bullet when she decided to not trade our P85D for a Model X. It may amuse bystanders, but the Model X justs seem to be more trouble than they are worth, when compared to a Model S.

They sure seem to want to nickel and dime you for something that is entirely their fault. Thanks for posting this, as I was just telling my wife yesterday that she dodged a bullet when she decided to not trade our P85D for a Model X. It may amuse bystanders, but the Model X justs seem to be more trouble than they are worth, when compared to a Model S.

Or perhaps there is another side to this story we're simply not going to get here... :) What's the phrase again...??? There are three sides to every story, side a, side b, and the truth...??? ;)

Jeff

Reactions: X Fan
I don't think OP is trying to get something more from Tesla by posting rants here but warning other buyers that early built X might have problems like he is having.

This does not surprise me, especially since you and only you can claim it, even if you give the car back to them. They can't get that back no matter what.
Although most of the Tesla owners could get the full credit, it doesn't mean OP got the full credit and Tesla should deduct it.