Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Tesla Woes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hammerhead786: Excuse accepted, but seriously? You're going to complain about an Audi Q5 loaner?????

This doesn't sound like a vaccine/painkiller issue to me. It sounds like an attitude that causes me to rethink your stance vs. Tesla. Both sides of a contested issue don't have to be a-holes.

Take the high road. CLEARLY, the Tesla SC is at fault with your issues (as stated). Being "extra salty" with them only exacerbates the problem.

If your expectations are for perfection, then disappointment is inevitable.

Complaining about a company providing a premium vehicle like an Audi Q5 tips the scale against you.

Demanding a loaner car when you have an active Covid infection also is something many would consider unconscionable.
I didn't say I had an active Covid infection, so not sure where you got that from. I said I had my 2nd vaccine last night. For the record, my wife has been dealing with Covid patients since last year while some of her colleagues whose job it was to deal with them, didn't want to do it. Now that is unconscionable.
Hammerhead786: Excuse accepted, but seriously? You're going to complain about an Audi Q5 loaner?????

This doesn't sound like a vaccine/painkiller issue to me. It sounds like an attitude that causes me to rethink your stance vs. Tesla. Both sides of a contested issue don't have to be a-holes.

Take the high road. CLEARLY, the Tesla SC is at fault with your issues (as stated). Being "extra salty" with them only exacerbates the problem.
I didn't say I was extra salty with them. I sound extra salty here hence the impression of an "attitude" which for the record, I don't have. Since I don't know you and you don't know me I'm not going to comment further on the a-holes comment and just to be crystal clear I'm not calling you that.

Peace and respect to you and Uncle Paul. :)

"...Well they picked up the car alright and left me an Audi Q5. Sorry, but I no longer drive a gas car and especially one that takes premium fuel, so Tesla can go get me a Tesla loaner..."

HAAHAHA! Sounds like a pretty salty attitude to ME, but I guess you're only venting here and not with the SC that has treated your car so poorly.

Hope they take care of you. Peace to you, as well.

Well the service manager just contacted me to tell me that the hood on the vehicle is bent and is not covered by warranty because I have the power opening frunk. Since this was working without any issues and since there were no scratches on the paint where the hood has bent prior to the service appointment, I believe something happened at either Tesla service or at the body shop. It just seems coincidental that the damage is on the same side as the fender that was adjusted.

Last edited:
Well the service manager just contacted me to tell me that the hood on the vehicle is bent and is not covered by warranty because I have the power opening frunk. Since this was working without any issues and since there were no scratches on the paint where the hood has bent prior to the service appoint, I believe something happened at either Tesla service or at the body shop. It just seems coincidental that the damage is on the same side as the fender that was adjusted.

With the power frunk, do you have to close it electronically, or can you hand close it? If you have to electrically close it, I could see where they pulled down hard and bent the hood when closing it.

If you can't get them to pay for it, you could always try bending it back. If it doesn't work, you're going to have to get another hood anyway so not much to lose. Get someone to hold it on the bent portion while you lift up on the front edge. Go slow and try more pressure until you get it right again.

With the power frunk, do you have to close it electronically, or can you hand close it? If you have to electrically close it, I could see where they pulled down hard and bent the hood when closing it.

If you can't get them to pay for it, you could always try bending it back. If it doesn't work, you're going to have to get another hood anyway so not much to lose. Get someone to hold it on the bent portion while you lift up on the front edge. Go slow and try more pressure until you get it right again.
You normally close it electronically, however you can close it by hand. When I dropped the car off I clearly explained to them the operation of it. I'm pretty anal about my car and if this had happened prior to the service visit, I would have known about it. The fact that there are scratches on the hood in the area where it is bent suggests that something happened. Also on Friday while it was in the body shop, the frunk was opened and was open for hours, when the paint blemish that they were due to address was on the rear quarter panel on the inside of the passenger door.

So I'm finally reaching breaking point with Tesla. In 2 days time it will be 4 months of owning a Model Y of which it has spent 53 non-consecutive days and counting in Tesla service to address delivery issues and the damage caused during previous visits. The current service center have done their best to try and address the issues and I have been more than willing to work with them.

Unfortunately Tesla seem incapable of providing the service center with a headliner that is either free from marks/damage or one that is dirty. Combined with the fact that the vehicle has had a new hood (poorly painted), a front door repainted and another blended, it feels like I have a purchased an accident damaged vehicle. I have made multiple requests for Tesla Corporate to reach out to me. In fact, I even sent a letter via certified mail to Elon's office to which I got no response. Tesla Corporate have also failed to contact me.

Attached is a photo of the damage (marked) to the original hood that the first service center claimed was caused as a result of having the Tesla Offer power frunk opener installed. This is the damage that the service manager of that service center claimed he couldn't see. Next to the dimple in the left of the picture is where the hood was bent up.

If anyone knows of a good lawyer in the SoCal area, please let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 77
So I'm finally reaching breaking point with Tesla. In 2 days time it will be 4 months of owning a Model Y of which it has spent 53 non-consecutive days and counting in Tesla service to address delivery issues and the damage caused during previous visits. The current service center have done their best to try and address the issues and I have been more than willing to work with them.

Unfortunately Tesla seem incapable of providing the service center with a headliner that is either free from marks/damage or one that is dirty. Combined with the fact that the vehicle has had a new hood (poorly painted), a front door repainted and another blended, it feels like I have a purchased an accident damaged vehicle. I have made multiple requests for Tesla Corporate to reach out to me. In fact, I even sent a letter via certified mail to Elon's office to which I got no response. Tesla Corporate have also failed to contact me.

Attached is a photo of the damage (marked) to the original hood that the first service center claimed was caused as a result of having the Tesla Offer power frunk opener installed. This is the damage that the service manager of that service center claimed he couldn't see. Next to the dimple in the left of the picture is where the hood was bent up.

If anyone knows of a good lawyer in the SoCal area, please let me know.
I do have a lemon law attorney you can contact. He's actually my close friend, but bigger question is did you agree to opt out of arbitration manually after signing the purchase agreement? You have to send Tesla a letter within 30 days to opt out of arbitration otherwise all matters will be go into arbitration rather than court ie lemon law. Message me for his info, his offices are in Woodland Hills, but they only do lemon law.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I don't know you and you don't know me. With all due respect, I couldn't really care what you believe. My story is full of holes? Keep believing your own fairytales my friend. You're making way too many assumptions here. I know the truth, my work colleagues know the truth and the service center I'm dealing with now know the truth. You've added nothing useful here so kindly have a nice day.
Don’t need to know you and I suspect that’s good. So you didn’t install the power frunk Before taking it in to align the fender? Seems like how your story went.