Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More TSBs out there than I thought for my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t plan on calling Tesla and saying fix this TSB. I just plan on making specific complaints like thunking battery and charging port working poorly in the very cold. I plan on inspecting underneath and going from there if I see something wrong. I view the list as something to look out for.

Hi hi.

Yes, been around Tesla for a long time. Like Roadster time. And purchasing two new Tesla’s just in the last six months alone.

As I responded to another poster with similar comes I never said they wouldn’t be “friendly and willing to undertake any and all repairs,“

What I did say though was that since there isn’t a business separation between Tesla Service and Tesla Sales like a typical dealer the customer looses the financial incentive of a traditional dealer to TSB (and warranty work) where a traditional dealer gets paid for this work by the manufacturer. I’m just talking about the financial incentive, not good old customer service, of which money is a big motivator. Of course not the only motivator. But I’m just speaking to that additional benefit.

Hello again,

@jeremymc7, I phrased my reply poorly and completely forgot to mention that I do, in fact, agree with the point you are making: that financially, the incentive to pursue TSBs lines up in a way for traditional dealerships that it does not line up for a manufacturer that also services its own vehicles (Tesla). I apologize that I made you repeat yourself; I do agree; and I also recognize that you are NOT making a point about Tesla's actual service behavior, which (IMHO) ranges from the fantastic (experienced by me among others) to the infuriating (as reported by some folks in this forum).

Kudos to you and the other Roadster purchasers, who made the S possible and through the S all the other models!

Alan

Hello again,

@jeremymc7, I phrased my reply poorly and completely forgot to mention that I do, in fact, agree with the point you are making: that financially, the incentive to pursue TSBs lines up in a way for traditional dealerships that it does not line up for a manufacturer that also services its own vehicles (Tesla). I apologize that I made you repeat yourself; I do agree; and I also recognize that you are NOT making a point about Tesla's actual service behavior, which (IMHO) ranges from the fantastic (experienced by me among others) to the infuriating (as reported by some folks in this forum).

Kudos to you and the other Roadster purchasers, who made the S possible and through the S all the other models!

Alan

Appreciated but not a big deal. Didn’t think much about it. Was just clarifying. Much of the planet has (multiple) bigger problems.

Take care and stay safe.

I get "0 Unrepaired Recalls" when I enter the VIN at: Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment

I'm assuming this is a good thing? :)

Yes. For everything that’s posted. There is more that isn’t. But good start.

I should clarify: The search by VIN feature for recalls (safety-related problems) is updated promptly on the NHTSA website and the automaker's public website when a recall is released. The owner also receives a letter in the mail.

All of the other bulletins--which are the vast majority of them--are slower to be posted to NHTSA's site, though you can get them promptly from the manufacturer's service information website (service.teslamotors.com in our case).

I should clarify: The search by VIN feature for recalls (safety-related problems) is updated promptly on the NHTSA website and the automaker's public website when a recall is released. The owner also receives a letter in the mail.

All of the other bulletins--which are the vast majority of them--are slower to be posted to NHTSA's site, though you can get them promptly from the manufacturer's service information website (service.teslamotors.com in our case).
The link in the first post will show the Tesla manufacture communications that I used in my OP. There are no recalls so nothing wil be displayed when you search for that. This thread is not about recalls it is solely about the manufacturer communication listed via the link in my first post.

Thank you OP for posting, as the aero shield under the front of my car has damage near the drivers side near the area where its bolted. Appears to have deteriorated over time, and now makes a terrible flapping noise when driving over 30mph. Have a service request open and updated it with the TSB #. Waiting for Tesla Service to reach out.

I would like to second this as I have never said this before. I've always followed Tesla's progress but waited for the Model 3 dual motor as I wanted the majority of the drive unit and battery manufacturing/design issues to be perfected.

As a fairly new MS owner at the time, we attended an event that was to honor local Roadster Owners. This was at the Seaside SvC during Monterey Car Week and we had our Model 3 on deposit then. It was fabulous to see all the owners that showed up with their Roadsters. I had only once before seen a Roadster in a SvC parking lot and that wasn’t even a close up. Unless there’s another event probably won't ever see that many again. Since then only once saw one on the road. This was a champagne and appetizer event with Franz attending along Jon McNeill who brought their red Model 3s for attendees to see. Yes each generation of vehicle has paved the way for the next and as owners now we have been super appreciative of prior and current owners’ faith and direction of the company...and all those that come after.

As Tesla has grown and become well known and visible on the streets, I don’t think these type of events like they use to have in the Model S days are happening. Can understand why but I wanted to say I also very much appreciated Tesla holding them. It was great to chat with fellow owners and just a nice event to attend. Having the opportunity to meet with Franz and Jon and hear them speak in person and answer questions was rather special.

Last edited:
Reactions: elf9 and Atari2600