Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same, was it in West Drayton?

The follow up call I had 2 weeks ago said to expect another call in July, and they would "try to fit me in late July". I expect another ship in Q3 - takes 3 weeks to sale from SF to Europe. So if there is a ship that leaves before 5th, they could potentially deliver on 31st.

No it wasn't, I think if you've ordered a P/LR then your likely to be July/August now if you have already ordered.

I’ve just been offered a Model 3 test drive early July

Might be that that is timed to be after the manic End Q2 / End June push to maximise sales, and maybe they want to leave showrooms clear to get cars shipped?

I reckon they already have the Demo Cars ... although maybe haven't bothered to Prep them, in order to concentrate on the Q2 delivery cars ...

• Informative
Reactions: fakoriginal
Just got an email from Tesla updating the order agreement on our account - it went missing quite a few weeks back now.

Its now reappeared with price change - looks like the price on order agreement now excludes the £3500 government grant - it says that and price change matches, ie increase by £3500.

Hopefully Tesla don't know something about the grant that we don't, and its just rationalising pricing.

I'm on hold with them just to check.

Nothing else seems to have changed, ie being assigned a vin.

Reactions: Roy W.
And just got hung-up on so didn't get a chance for them to answer what "To move forward in the delivery process, please visit your Tesla Account" means. Looks that we are up to date.

Now the government grant is not being shown, its an eye watering amount of money for a car. Almost as much as my first flat.

Just got an email from Tesla updating the order agreement on our account - it went missing quite a few weeks back now.

Its now reappeared with price change - looks like the price on order agreement now excludes the £3500 government grant - it says that and price change matches, ie increase by £3500.

Nothing else seems to have changed, ie being assigned a vin.

I’ve just had the same email, “Confirming your Model 3 Update”, with the “Motor Vehicle Order Agreement” attached. That’s the first time I’ve had that though.

Let us know what Tesla say if you finally get through!

Ditto. No f&*king explanation. Nice one Tesla.
I am sure they have to to price it with the VAT on first then take the £3500 off so it’s approx £700 more just a guess everyone needs to chill out,everyone too emotional cars will arrive one day and everyone will be so happy been here before relax and go with the flow better for your blood pressure and health

I am sure they have to to price it with the VAT on first then take the £3500 off so it’s approx £700 more just a guess everyone needs to chill out,everyone too emotional cars will arrive one day and everyone will be so happy been here before relax and go with the flow better for your blood pressure and health
Wouldn’t they have had experience in doing this properly though? They have been selling the models S & X for some time now....

Reactions: navt
I own Tesla shares and I've had a model S since June 2014 (first batch) and I'm afraid to say the experience this time around with my model 3 order is far worse than 5 years ago, yes they have more orders, but it isn't like they've just started selling the model 3. I like many others am a real Tesla fanboy, but its time for some tough love, they need to improve their systems (rather than telling everyone its the best buying experience, it actually *really* needs to be better) and the only way thats going to happen is if people tell them the experience was not great.

I am sure they have to to price it with the VAT on first then take the £3500 off so it’s approx £700 more just a guess

I posted this elsewhere, so apologies of you have already seen it.

I don't believe there is any cost difference. I saved my previous order agreements and I get no difference other than the £3500 gov grant.

(their *, words and figures, cut and pasted):

Original
Price excluding VAT £46,350.00 Price Including VAT £55,620.00* VAT (20%) £9,270.00 Price Including VAT £55,620.00 *Price includes the UK Government Plug-In Grant of £3,500.

Revised
Price excluding VAT £49,266.67 Price Including VAT £59,120.00* VAT (20%) £9,853.33 Price Including VAT £59,120.00 *Price excludes the UK Government Plug-In Grant of £3,500.

Difference between £55620 and £59120 is, tada £3500, the amount of the government grant. The difference between the price ex VAT prices is,£2916.67, or near as, £3500 incl. VAT.

Na, keep getting cut off... but im 99% sure as I've had this conversation several times in the past, just with a slightly different starting point, but same end result.

But as I've said elsewhere, I will believe it when I see it. Tesla admin sounds to be a bit like solicitors admin - always something unexplained appears.