TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

More Uk-bound Ships?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ACarneiro, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Pikey

Pikey Member

Hello (Tesla) World

So I’ve just been offered a Model 3 test drive early July when the local showroom is expecting an arrival

Could be new stock but my guess is it maybe what’s left over?

2. ACarneiro

ACarneiro Member

I’ll be amazed if there’s anything left over :D

3. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Member

No it wasn't, I think if you've ordered a P/LR then your likely to be July/August now if you have already ordered.

4. RamsfanJim

RamsfanJim Member

Has anyone been offered a collection from Birmingham yet?

5. Baldrick

Baldrick Member

In one of the Facebook Groups there is someone in Leicester with 28th June (I assume Brum pickup). I'm Leicester and still waiting (Invoice in the 2600s, no reservation).

6. ACarneiro

ACarneiro Member

Reservation February 2018 invoice 377.
    No VIN matched yet for Digbeth collection.

7. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Might be that that is timed to be after the manic End Q2 / End June push to maximise sales, and maybe they want to leave showrooms clear to get cars shipped?

I reckon they already have the Demo Cars ... although maybe haven't bothered to Prep them, in order to concentrate on the Q2 delivery cars ...

• Informative x 1
  8. dakang

dakang Member

According to this: Model 3 VINs

..not a lot happening for us in UK :(

I'm still waiting for LR even though I ordered 1st May :(

9. navt

navt Member

You and me both. I was told by Tesla it would be a long wait despite the advertised June delivery. I didn't ask how long because I suspect they don't know.

10. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK L plates

Just got an email from Tesla updating the order agreement on our account - it went missing quite a few weeks back now.

Its now reappeared with price change - looks like the price on order agreement now excludes the £3500 government grant - it says that and price change matches, ie increase by £3500.

Hopefully Tesla don't know something about the grant that we don't, and its just rationalising pricing.

I'm on hold with them just to check.

Nothing else seems to have changed, ie being assigned a vin.

• Like x 1
  11. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK L plates

And just got hung-up on so didn't get a chance for them to answer what "To move forward in the delivery process, please visit your Tesla Account" means. Looks that we are up to date.

Now the government grant is not being shown, its an eye watering amount of money for a car. Almost as much as my first flat.

12. Roy W.

Roy W. Member

I’ve just had the same email, “Confirming your Model 3 Update”, with the “Motor Vehicle Order Agreement” attached. That’s the first time I’ve had that though.

Let us know what Tesla say if you finally get through!

13. navt

navt Member

Ditto. No f&*king explanation. Nice one Tesla.

14. The stag

The stag Member

I am sure they have to to price it with the VAT on first then take the £3500 off so it’s approx £700 more just a guess everyone needs to chill out,everyone too emotional cars will arrive one day and everyone will be so happy been here before relax and go with the flow better for your blood pressure and health

15. KennethS

KennethS Member

Wouldn’t they have had experience in doing this properly though? They have been selling the models S & X for some time now....

• Like x 1
  16. james_power

james_power Member

I own Tesla shares and I've had a model S since June 2014 (first batch) and I'm afraid to say the experience this time around with my model 3 order is far worse than 5 years ago, yes they have more orders, but it isn't like they've just started selling the model 3. I like many others am a real Tesla fanboy, but its time for some tough love, they need to improve their systems (rather than telling everyone its the best buying experience, it actually *really* needs to be better) and the only way thats going to happen is if people tell them the experience was not great.

• Like x 3
  17. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK L plates

I posted this elsewhere, so apologies of you have already seen it.

I don't believe there is any cost difference. I saved my previous order agreements and I get no difference other than the £3500 gov grant.

(their *, words and figures, cut and pasted):

Original
    Price excluding VAT £46,350.00 Price Including VAT £55,620.00* VAT (20%) £9,270.00 Price Including VAT £55,620.00 *Price includes the UK Government Plug-In Grant of £3,500.

Revised
    Price excluding VAT £49,266.67 Price Including VAT £59,120.00* VAT (20%) £9,853.33 Price Including VAT £59,120.00 *Price excludes the UK Government Plug-In Grant of £3,500.

Difference between £55620 and £59120 is, tada £3500, the amount of the government grant. The difference between the price ex VAT prices is,£2916.67, or near as, £3500 incl. VAT.

18. RamsfanJim

RamsfanJim Member

So has anyone actually got through to Tesla today to confirm the £3,500 will be removed at purchase?

• Like x 1
  19. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK L plates

Na, keep getting cut off... but im 99% sure as I've had this conversation several times in the past, just with a slightly different starting point, but same end result.

But as I've said elsewhere, I will believe it when I see it. Tesla admin sounds to be a bit like solicitors admin - always something unexplained appears.

20. LEE3

LEE3 Member

My direct delivery fee was originally £708.33 and is now listed as £850 from todays revised order document.

Why would this by if its just the grant that been removed?