TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

More Uk-bound Ships?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ACarneiro, Jun 20, 2019.

1. james_power

james_power Member

708.33 excludes vat at 20%

2. LEE3

LEE3 Member

Hang on....Is the new revised order doc devoid of both the £3500 and the deposit / reservation deductions? Would that explain the difference?

If I deduct the grant and monies paid so far it comes to exactly what my final invoice was showing.

3. Bernard_S

Bernard_S Member

I had a similar mail from Tesla, I asked what was going on and got this reply.

"Our systems are constantly being worked on as we are heading to more and more automated systems.

You might receive an email more than once, unfortunately, but until your delivery appointment is confirmed, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
    I’m sure you will be getting your Model 3 before you know it."

4. RamsfanJim

RamsfanJim Member

Yes, I'm sure they are just showing the total cost of the car (I guess to cover themselves if the grant ever changed).

5. navt

navt Member

Don't know about you but I paid £1,000 for reservation and £2,000 deposit on order.

6. LEE3

LEE3 Member

Yes me too so If I remove that along with the grant value of £3500 from the order doc issued today its brings the price back to what it was on my original final invoice.

So as long as Tesla are still intending to deduct the grant, all is the same.

• Like x 1
  7. AMC7

AMC7 Member

Hi guys, newbie here.

Like many of you I got the same email with the updated invoice. When I read the email I had that rush of excitement until I logged in to see that my invoice had simply been updated. I initially though wahoo deliver will soon be on the way... maybe before week end.... but sadly not

Comparing the two invoices I can see that the difference is that the invoice reflects the true retail price of the vehicle without the EV Grant. This will be applied and deducted from this total as has been previously stated.

This rollercoaster ride ain’t fun guys..... but patience is a virtue and it will be well worth it!

8. Calisaar

Calisaar Member

I'm getting a bit twitchy about my choice of Digbeth. Thinking of calling them to change to Heathrow (they are both as far away as each other for me)

9. MidhurstNigel

MidhurstNigel Member

I too got the email and revised invoice. I'm not concerned - for whatever reason they have now decided to show the gross price on the invoice. I suspect the EV Grant will appear as a part payment on the final invoice leaving the balance to be paid as expected.

Did anyone who has ordered a Model 3 and who is awaiting delivery NOT get the revised invoice?

Also, my Tesla account now says: "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment" Did it say that before??

10. Docro

Docro Member

It’s
    Probably- it’s said that for weeks on mine

11. eqDoBBs

eqDoBBs Member

The daily checks has not shown any difference on the increasingly frustrating "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment"

When having waited for over 3 years, what is another few weeks going to make a difference - A LOT I TELL YOU, I WANT IT NOW!

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  12. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

ha ha, I feel your pain, I was the same. Well I am the same but apparently I can pick up my car on Saturday but I now have the pain of waiting for the final invoice so I can just pay for the damn thing and hope that cements the deal.

13. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

Ok so I've had three emails today from Tesla about changes to my order.

The order agreement on all of them didn't include the grant but the last one I got I noticed had dropped by £3760 from 62,300 to £58,540. And when I look at the website and spec a Model 3 to the exact same configs as mine, it comes in at £55,040 exactly £3500 less than what my latest order agreement is.

Which of course is the same amount as the gov grant. So what this mean...at least I hope, is that they've adjusted my price to match the price reduction they introduced about two weeks after I placed my order, so happy days....as long as I don't have to pay that extra £3500 for the grant.

14. ACarneiro

ACarneiro Member

The government grant still applies to the Model 3 so you'll be fine. They'll deduct it in the end :)
    (But I did go check on the Government website just to be safe) ;)

15. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

That's good to hear, thanks ACarneiro

16. Beady3647

Beady3647 Member

Picked up my new MS on Saturday and was told that they won't be getting any M3 for at least a couple of weeks and then not a certainty

17. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

Where was that from Beady?

18. Beady3647

Beady3647 Member

Sorry, meant to say it was Digbeth, Birmingham SC. They originall said my MS would be available June 28th. We are currently away in the north of England (in our new MS) and when is told them June 22nd was my only date available until July 4th they seemed happy to bring it forward to get the sale into Q2

19. BubblegumPete

BubblegumPete Member

Oh I see, I thought you meant Dartford, where I'm meant to be picking my car up on Saturday, got me worried :)

20. BogBeast

BogBeast Member

Has there been any more information on UK bound ships? Checked the spreadsheet and I can't see anything listed. Wondered if anybody had been given any update information..