TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

More Uk-bound Ships?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ACarneiro, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Thiellie

Thiellie Member

just for interest sake, I ordered a LR on 1May and with order# 01140.... then after the debacle on 31May, I phoned them up and asked if I could change to a P3- and if it would effect my Delivery... naturally it never affects the delivery... but I got a Credit Note ont he 31st and then a new invoice dated the 31st with new order# of 04524... - here's to hoping they don't work straight down the ordering number list...

but the good news is that even as we are on 05131 (according to the order spreadsheet), there are bound to be many previous orders that were credited and a new invoice issued, thus effectively removing the first one from the order list...

2. -DB-

-DB- Member

Plenty of folks getting credit notes and new booking invoices with later order numbers. E.g if you take finance this happens, so the actual order numbers are over inflated.

They will use reservation number, though to what degree is another matter!

3. LEE3

LEE3 Member

I had a final invoice and a vin and then received a credit note which effectively cancelled the vin and was told to wait for a new final invoice and new vin.

Those were the days :(

• Like x 1
  4. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

Not sure what's going on with the credit notes on finance.. have HP but no credit note. No VIN either, which is probably a bigger issue :p

5. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Probably wanted to see what spec people would actually order as they had no idea of that from the original reservations. Plus they would want to start collecting deposits asap after the uk spec options and prices were finalised - which they of course messed up anyway! No excuse for the poor delivery estimates, they would have been better being honest/realistic. Price and spec changes straight after the order book opened was a big blunder too, causing all kinds of confusion.

6. Avendit

Avendit Member

But a fortunate one for those of us wanting LR with towing option!

7. RjbT3

RjbT3 Member

I don't think you should worry about an altered order number. There is no way Tesla would use the order number to decide where customers are in the queue. That wouldn't work in any way.

I think folks on here are trying to use the order numbers to guage who ordered before who and how many orders were placed and when. It is information in the public domain and probably a good indicator for how many orders were placed before and after, if that makes sense. I think it definitely gives a good guide when trying to look from the outside.

However, nobody would use an order number when deciding which customers are allocated which vehicle. I would imagine they will go by stock, final vehicle spec, order date and time, amendments to spec, reservation holder (probably just a yes/no if at all) and location. Something like that. The order number won't even come into it. I'm almost 100% certain of that.

8. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Member

What we do know is they have been shipping ready to go cars on the boats whether additional disassembled model 3s are being shipped as well hasn't been confirmed. Makes sense to ship ready to go if they are time constrained to get the deliveries out.

9. LEE3

LEE3 Member

Yes along with the production runs that come out of fremont. For example Norway did not receive many SR+ from the initial er..2000 or so deliveries due to what Tesla were making and shipping at that time. So naturally anyone waiting on an SR+ would be waiting for longer regardless of order placement.

10. navt

navt Member

There have already been SR+ deliveries in the UK.

11. LEE3

LEE3 Member

I was referring to Norway and how they did not initially receive SR’s due to fremont product runs. Production runs will determine order times and not order times dictating production runs. At least until they catch up somewhat.

12. DaveW

DaveW Member

Apparently more trucks have been heading to pier 80 according to @whitfletcher on Twitter

13. sixela

sixela Active Member

There is ZERO evidence that there are assembly lines for Model 3 in Tilburg. Usually, what I see is people who are confused, since one of the Tilburg parkings is a parking for Model X and Model S but also a large staging area for dispatching Model 3 coming from Zeebrugge to other countries (and is close to one of the larger Deliver Centers for Model 3 as well).

• Like x 1
  14. sixela

sixela Active Member

Norway had the bad luck of being far away from Zeebrugge while the Grand Mark with the bulk of the SR+ only arrived late in the quarter. That made it spectacularly uninteresting for Tesla to put these on trucks that would be traveling just when the quarter ended (at least for a publicly traded company reporting its financials on a quarterly basis).

Unsurprisingly, Belgium and the Netherlands got a lot of SR+ late in the quarter...

• Like x 2
  15. goRt

goRt Member

I'm invoice number 2019 from 18:00 on 2/may, so plenty of data available to allow building and shipping in June.

It's all very well hoping for 5k cars to be shipped this week, what's the capacity of the service centres to prep and handover the cars - that's the limiting factor and what production should be planned against. Simple ERP can take care of this, no rocket science involved.

• Like x 1
  16. RjbT3

RjbT3 Member

The UK reservation holders have been 'used' by Tesla to help them make an end of Q2 statement to give the impression the demand for Model 3 is better than it is right now. They wanted unsatisfied orders on the books so they could say they have more orders in Q2 rolling into Q3. They had no intention of fulfilling the orders in June or July. Despite stating that delivery estimate on their website.

Tesla Q2 2019 Vehicle Production & Deliveries | Tesla, Inc.

Tesla stated:
    "Orders generated during the quarter exceeded our deliveries, thus we are entering Q3 with an increase in our order backlog. We believe we are well positioned to continue growing total production and deliveries in Q3."

They opened the RHD order books before having the vehicles/capacity to fulfil them. So they could make this statement.

Tesla clearly don't care about early reservation holders. That's big business I suppose.

• Like x 2
  17. RjbT3

RjbT3 Member

Good point. Let's assume outstanding UK orders are at 3000 being conservative for July and taking duplication/cancellation of order numbers into account plus rolling some into August.

How many service centres are there in the UK? About 7?

Assuming Saturdays included from July 10th onwards that's 19 days to deliver 3000 cars. That's ~23 cars per service center per day. ~3 per hour. Is that doable?

Looking at it the other way, what could the capacity be?

• Like x 1
  18. -DB-

-DB- Member

I know you don't think the Model3 VINs register holds much water but they still have only have 1000 recorded and this batch seem to be being allocated from yesterday. The 1000 VIN's are being allocated so some of the logic is certainly correct!

19. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

Given that they have already delivered a small number of uk cars, when did you expect the uk order book to open? Are you seriously suggesting they should have waited until they had the capacity to supply ALL initial uk orders before opening their order book? That would have been a crazy business decision. Basically they opened the uk order book as soon as they were able to start shipping some cars, as you might expect them to. It's a shame they hadn't properly finalised spec choices, pricing or finance options at that point!

They should have been more realistic with delivery estimates and they should have respected long term reservation holders more than they appear to have done, which they probably intended to do before it all got in a huge mess with pricing and spec changes. They should have also briefed their uk sales people properly to avoid all the complete BS that was spouted out.

News flash - Tesla is rubbish at informing both customers and uk staff, but at least the cars are great/unique and they usually sort things out eventually if you are patient.

• Like x 1
  20. RjbT3

RjbT3 Member

Well, 1000 should easily be deliverable in July for sure. I hope they look after the early orders and early reservation holders in the order the orders were placed. That's a lot of "orders"!

• Like x 3