TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

More Uk-bound Ships?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ACarneiro, Jun 20, 2019.

1. NorfolkMustard

That's what they told me earlier today when I called, too. Then they called me back a couple of hours later, twice, but muggins here didn't have his phone with him, did he.

2. dakang

dakang Member

Has ANYONE received a Red AWD 18inch with White interior yet? (No tow bar)

I'm still waiting (reserved April 2016, ordered 1st May)
    Order 007xx

My delivery *estimate* was this week but I've not heard any update since that message 5 weeks ago.

Feel like crying!

3. Avendit

Avendit Member

Not seen much about the white interior? Maybe try the new improved call center (TM)?

4. ThrustSSC

ThrustSSC Member

[QUOTE="ivangr, post: 4003195, member: 110129"i think all you can bet on is that they are pushing to deliver as many cars as possible before end of quarter. if your delivery says september then they will probably try and make that happen imho.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty-well what I got told by Bristol yesterday. That said, I've not had a formal delivery date (or window) yet. I'm just told I've been matched to a car and it's on its way.

5. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Member

Rumour has it Heathrow will be getting deliveries
    Some guy received one last week from Heathrow I'd expect a text by Monday

6. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Based on my aborted August pick up, you may get a text only 24 hours before the collection.

7. Artiste

Artiste Member

It’s going to get pretty congested in Zeebrugge. The Glovis Sunlight is due to arrive on 13th, the Hoegh Oslo on 18th and the Glovis Courage on 19th. Three ships in six days is a lot for logistics to deal with.

8. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Yep. Makes me wonder if they will switch one to another port at the last minute.

9. ME_UK

ME_UK Member

If they do - then my bet is on the Hoegh Oslo making a stop in Southampton. Many reports of Southampton direct shipping from folks getting updates from the call centres.....

10. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

Zeebrugge is geared up for ~3000 cars a week from Tesla so I'd expect they'd be able to handle the load

11. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

They have 3 ships arriving in 6 days. How many on a ship?

12. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

Glovis Courage ~ 6000 CEU
    Hoegh Oslo ~5400 CEU

But we don't know how many cars are on each ship, anything from 0 to capacity

3rd ship (Nordpacific?) is containerized and its ~2500 TEU but again, no idea if there are 0 or 2500 containers full of Model 3's on it

EDIT: Apparently since May time Zeebrugge is now able to handle ~1200 M3s a day

13. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

I just got of the phone with the delivery team picked up after about 3 minutes.
    The gentlemen basically said that when the logistics team say that the ships are within range of the uk and they get gps pings then they will start vin matching specs to persons. So within the next week I should get a vin "he says" as and when we get these ships in range.

so people without vins this might be a help-it sure helped ease my autistic anxieties!

so its a counter on 6 ships? for an late September early October delivery for me :D

hope this helps peoples anxieties which I know is why oi keep this particular forum thread open almost 24/ 7 haha.

• Like x 2
  14. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

The 3rd ship I am thinking of is Glovis Sunlight due in on the 13th.

For sure they know what VINs are on there before it leaves ports. This sounds to me like they are just telling people what they want to hear...

• Like x 2
  15. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

Ah ok - so between the 3 ships there is a max capacity of ~17,400 cars. As the Sunlight and Courage came from SFO it's extremely likely they are only carrying M3s for Europe (~16k maximum), Hoegh Oslo is a total guess however!

As the Sunlight is also currently in the Carribean sea it's not likely to arrive into Zeebrugge for the 13th!

16. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

That AIS ping was received on the 1st of September. It's probably off France by now.

17. ME_UK

ME_UK Member

Great info - as I try and work through my own anxiety....

30th August - Car in Philly (last GPS ping)
    10th September - Still no revised position from car.

Estimated delivery last week of Sept / first week of Oct. Figured car had to be on Bomar Calais, but should have emerged from it's container by now and be pinging....

So either Tesla are keeping them in containers which are now being shipped to the UK. Or they are taking time extracting them.

Also thinking that @Stretchquaker M3 is sharing the same route.....

Trying to resist calling again for an update :)

18. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK L plates

I’m sorry but I think all this GPS pings are BS.

Not withstanding that they know full well what is loaded on the ship and where the ship is so no need to, she ship is basically a faraday cage miles from any radio mast so neither satellite GPS nor terrestrial data is likely to be of any use what so ever. SAR in capsized vessels are notorious for being hampered by poor radio comms and I don’t see a vessel on the open seas to fare any better imho. Likewise stolen cars being lost when containerised if they use GPS/data trackers rather than beacon based ones. I can see it maybe happening in port but not whilst in transit.

I think they are just trying to wow people into some myth.

• Like x 3
  19. MaDProFF

MaDProFF Member

Should be an agree widget, I have had my Vin and invoice for a while, and a phone call, and for sure before those ships left port, I do not have a delivery date yet, scheduled for 7th. October, so all these dates etc do not tie up for me, unless my car is at BEZEE or closer, which I doubt. The Phone call did give an impression it will be before the scheduled date, but would not say how much.

• Like x 2
  20. MaDProFF

MaDProFF Member

on another note, there isa ship called City of Stpeterburg in BEZEE a vehicle carrier, moored, wonder where that is going next, and if loading or unloading if anyone in the know knew where it came from, think it is Tyne, where ever that is cannot be too far from BEZEE, is it Newcastle? / Sunderlands Nissans?