Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called today, picked up after a bit of a wait and they also knew my name when they greeted me.
I got the "you've not been vin matched" monologue. (I'm a 19" LR unicorn spec) he was well rehearsed. Said it doesnt necessarily mean my car is not in transit. Next round of vins will be matched next week he said so may know more then. But I should expect mid to late October based on his guess.... sigh
Forgot to ask him if the clock is ticking on my supercharger miles as my referrals have got their cars! Will try next week if still mo SC Vin.

That's what they told me earlier today when I called, too. Then they called me back a couple of hours later, twice, but muggins here didn't have his phone with him, did he.

[QUOTE="ivangr, post: 4003195, member: 110129"i think all you can bet on is that they are pushing to deliver as many cars as possible before end of quarter. if your delivery says september then they will probably try and make that happen imho.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty-well what I got told by Bristol yesterday. That said, I've not had a formal delivery date (or window) yet. I'm just told I've been matched to a car and it's on its way.

Rumour has it Heathrow will be getting deliveries
Has ANYONE received a Red AWD 18inch with White interior yet? (No tow bar)

I'm still waiting (reserved April 2016, ordered 1st May)
Order 007xx

My delivery *estimate* was this week but I've not heard any update since that message 5 weeks ago.

Feel like crying!

Some guy received one last week from Heathrow I'd expect a text by Monday

Glovis Courage ~ 6000 CEU
Hoegh Oslo ~5400 CEU

But we don't know how many cars are on each ship, anything from 0 to capacity

3rd ship (Nordpacific?) is containerized and its ~2500 TEU but again, no idea if there are 0 or 2500 containers full of Model 3's on it

EDIT: Apparently since May time Zeebrugge is now able to handle ~1200 M3s a day

I just got of the phone with the delivery team picked up after about 3 minutes.
The gentlemen basically said that when the logistics team say that the ships are within range of the uk and they get gps pings then they will start vin matching specs to persons. So within the next week I should get a vin "he says" as and when we get these ships in range.

so people without vins this might be a help-it sure helped ease my autistic anxieties!

so its a counter on 6 ships? for an late September early October delivery for me :D

hope this helps peoples anxieties which I know is why oi keep this particular forum thread open almost 24/ 7 haha.

Reactions: Imidogen and Mulprs
3rd ship (Nordpacific?)

The 3rd ship I am thinking of is Glovis Sunlight due in on the 13th.

The gentlemen basically said that when the logistics team say that the ships are within range of the uk and they get gps pings then they will start vin matching specs to persons.

For sure they know what VINs are on there before it leaves ports. This sounds to me like they are just telling people what they want to hear...

For sure they know what VINs are on there before it leaves ports. This sounds to me like they are just telling people what they want to hear...

Ah ok - so between the 3 ships there is a max capacity of ~17,400 cars. As the Sunlight and Courage came from SFO it's extremely likely they are only carrying M3s for Europe (~16k maximum), Hoegh Oslo is a total guess however!

As the Sunlight is also currently in the Carribean sea it's not likely to arrive into Zeebrugge for the 13th!

I just got of the phone with the delivery team picked up after about 3 minutes.
The gentlemen basically said that when the logistics team say that the ships are within range of the uk and they get gps pings then they will start vin matching specs to persons. So within the next week I should get a vin "he says" as and when we get these ships in range.

so people without vins this might be a help-it sure helped ease my autistic anxieties!

so its a counter on 6 ships? for an late September early October delivery for me :D

hope this helps peoples anxieties which I know is why oi keep this particular forum thread open almost 24/ 7 haha.

Great info - as I try and work through my own anxiety....

30th August - Car in Philly (last GPS ping)
10th September - Still no revised position from car.

Estimated delivery last week of Sept / first week of Oct. Figured car had to be on Bomar Calais, but should have emerged from it's container by now and be pinging....

So either Tesla are keeping them in containers which are now being shipped to the UK. Or they are taking time extracting them.

Also thinking that @Stretchquaker M3 is sharing the same route.....

Trying to resist calling again for an update :)

I’m sorry but I think all this GPS pings are BS.

Not withstanding that they know full well what is loaded on the ship and where the ship is so no need to, she ship is basically a faraday cage miles from any radio mast so neither satellite GPS nor terrestrial data is likely to be of any use what so ever. SAR in capsized vessels are notorious for being hampered by poor radio comms and I don’t see a vessel on the open seas to fare any better imho. Likewise stolen cars being lost when containerised if they use GPS/data trackers rather than beacon based ones. I can see it maybe happening in port but not whilst in transit.

I think they are just trying to wow people into some myth.

Should be an agree widget, I have had my Vin and invoice for a while, and a phone call, and for sure before those ships left port, I do not have a delivery date yet, scheduled for 7th. October, so all these dates etc do not tie up for me, unless my car is at BEZEE or closer, which I doubt. The Phone call did give an impression it will be before the scheduled date, but would not say how much.

Reactions: ME_UK and phillcom3
on another note, there isa ship called City of Stpeterburg in BEZEE a vehicle carrier, moored, wonder where that is going next, and if loading or unloading if anyone in the know knew where it came from, think it is Tyne, where ever that is cannot be too far from BEZEE, is it Newcastle? / Sunderlands Nissans?