TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

More Uk-bound Ships?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by ACarneiro, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Avendit

Avendit Member

I've had this a few times recently. I hardly use texts (all what's app these days) and when I do my phone refuses to send. Reboot and it starts working.

2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

This is why we need a European gigafactory ASAP.

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  3. Roy W.

Roy W. Member

It’s because it’s in international number. You might have them barred, or if you’re on a monthly contract you usually need separate credit for international texts.

4. Martinb999

Martinb999 Member

Nope Roy W, not barred (checked with BT). They tell me it is not a valid number and needs 00 in front of it (or +). Tried that already,same response.

5. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

^ guys can we please take the phone number discussion offline and keep this thread about shipping?

Thanks.

• Like x 1
  6. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Waiting patiently for a tow

I think its worthy to be part of the thread. Its all part of the getting a car delivered process for us waiting.

• Like x 1
  7. GrantV67

GrantV67 Member

Anyone else had their Source Code VIN number disappear? SC VIN assigned to me on the 3rd of September but removed today (11th).
    And , this after the Tesla GB delivery team suggesting (over the phone) that an end of September delivery was likely... :mad:
    VIN was 5236xx.

8. ScottishRosco

ScottishRosco Member

My SC VIN has vanished this evening also....

9. Stretchquaker

Stretchquaker Member

Mine has disappeared too...wonderful stuff!

10. Mccharlie

Mccharlie Member

And mine!!!!! I feel a bit better I am not alone.

11. JohnnyMiller

JohnnyMiller Member

#1471 JohnnyMiller, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Hmm I had the opposite, last Tuesday (3/9) i had an SC vin appear in the 4728xx range and an email reply from deliveryGB saying 1st week of October. Then it (and my order agreement doc) disappeared from my account on Friday (6/9). I’ve had another VIN 5239xx range appear this afternoon (11/9)

I’ve no idea what’s going on...... hopefully it will all be good for us all when these latest batch of ships turn up, should be a decent amount of deliveries i would think, although that is slightly scary from a quality perspective given some of the experiences in these forums. I’m relaxed, it seems they make it right in the end.

12. ivangr

ivangr Member

yes. me too. my sc vin is gone. i now have a new final invoice (still with the same VIN on it) but with a much later delivery date.

13. GrantV67

GrantV67 Member

If Strechquaker is also based in Scotland, then all 5 VIN removals have been from the same country (and aligned to an Edinburgh Service Centre car pick up point presumably...) Coincidence...?

14. bones5968

bones5968 New Member

Ordered 30th July. Estimated delivery range notified about a week later (for second week Sept). Vin 471xxx in SC at about the same time. Text with delivery date and time one week before delivery, since put back by a few days. Date, Vin and final invoices confirmed in account soon after. Scheduled for Monday 16th.

15. ivangr

ivangr Member

good observation. i’m somewhat optimistic about it all. i think they may be sorting out logistics for the new boatloads which may result in some more appointments. generally it seems like this sometimes happens before you get “the call”

16. Martin3Martin

Martin3Martin New Member

Can someone advise please...i have chased the delivery team today, as i was assured i would get delivery early October but all they would say is that they haven't yet assigned a car to me and could not give me a more exact delivery window. Basically would not say whether early October was feasible or not. Can someone who has been through this, let me know their experience and when do you pay the final balance as i have not paid that yet. Thanks a lot.

17. Stretchquaker

Stretchquaker Member

I’m down for a Leeds collection. Will have to see what occurs in the next few days. Was feeling quite attached to my little VIN too!

18. Avendit

Avendit Member

mine gone too :( (also Edinburgh delivery, but with tow). Better be back soon or I will honestly snap. Falling down style, possibly escalating to John Wick if not fixed quickly :/

Reserved 754 days ago, ordered 126 days ago.

19. Epico

Epico Member

Well at least you haven't been waiting long...☹️

20. Yev000

Yev000 Member

Not much. After you reply to the delivery text you get a delivery section:

Delivery Appointment at London-Heathrow
    Friday, September 20 at 12:30pm

London-Heathrow
    Horton Road

Add to Calendar

And a few hours after that a final invoice appears. Mine seems to have the trade in factored in already, as well as the 10k i paid previously to test the transfer.

The invoice itself is a bit odd, the car is across several line items (depending on your options)

MDL3 Model 3 31,866.67
    MT301 Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive 1,458.33

I'm guessing the plain SR will not have the 1,458.33 line item (ex VAT)

• Like x 1