Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why we need a European gigafactory ASAP.

showphoto.aspx

Anyone else had their Source Code VIN number disappear? SC VIN assigned to me on the 3rd of September but removed today (11th).
And , this after the Tesla GB delivery team suggesting (over the phone) that an end of September delivery was likely... :mad:
VIN was 5236xx.

Hmm I had the opposite, last Tuesday (3/9) i had an SC vin appear in the 4728xx range and an email reply from deliveryGB saying 1st week of October. Then it (and my order agreement doc) disappeared from my account on Friday (6/9). I’ve had another VIN 5239xx range appear this afternoon (11/9)

I’ve no idea what’s going on...... hopefully it will all be good for us all when these latest batch of ships turn up, should be a decent amount of deliveries i would think, although that is slightly scary from a quality perspective given some of the experiences in these forums. I’m relaxed, it seems they make it right in the end.

Last edited:
Anyone else had their Source Code VIN number disappear? SC VIN assigned to me on the 3rd of September but removed today (11th).
And , this after the Tesla GB delivery team suggesting (over the phone) that an end of September delivery was likely... :mad:
VIN was 5236xx.

yes. me too. my sc vin is gone. i now have a new final invoice (still with the same VIN on it) but with a much later delivery date.

Ordered 30th July. Estimated delivery range notified about a week later (for second week Sept). Vin 471xxx in SC at about the same time. Text with delivery date and time one week before delivery, since put back by a few days. Date, Vin and final invoices confirmed in account soon after. Scheduled for Monday 16th.

If Strechquaker is also based in Scotland, then all 5 VIN removals have been from the same country (and aligned to an Edinburgh Service Centre car pick up point presumably...) Coincidence...?

good observation. i’m somewhat optimistic about it all. i think they may be sorting out logistics for the new boatloads which may result in some more appointments. generally it seems like this sometimes happens before you get “the call”

Can someone advise please...i have chased the delivery team today, as i was assured i would get delivery early October but all they would say is that they haven't yet assigned a car to me and could not give me a more exact delivery window. Basically would not say whether early October was feasible or not. Can someone who has been through this, let me know their experience and when do you pay the final balance as i have not paid that yet. Thanks a lot.

so does having a delivery date change what the tesla.com/account page says?

Not much. After you reply to the delivery text you get a delivery section:

Delivery Appointment at London-Heathrow
Friday, September 20 at 12:30pm

London-Heathrow
Horton Road

Add to Calendar

And a few hours after that a final invoice appears. Mine seems to have the trade in factored in already, as well as the 10k i paid previously to test the transfer.

The invoice itself is a bit odd, the car is across several line items (depending on your options)

MDL3 Model 3 31,866.67
MT301 Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive 1,458.33

I'm guessing the plain SR will not have the 1,458.33 line item (ex VAT)

Reactions: interbear