Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If its a shuffle of a few days I don't really care. If this results in another 6 week wait I'll be incredibly sad.

128 days since I ordered now. Damn towbar.
Possible good news for tow hitch orderers!
I got through to UK Delivery on the phone this afternoon and was told that Tesla massively under-estimated the demand for tow bar M3s, when they made it available.
However, I have apparently been allocated a car(!!!), which should be one of the first to be delivered to the UK in first week of Oct. In case you are competitive, I did make my reservation 1160 days ago (3 years & 2 months) and placed the order on 2 May 2019.
Since I haven't yet been given a VIN, I hope that a) they are true to their word and b) that there will be many other tow hitch M3s flooding into the UK at the same time.

Add me to the sad face :( list. Exactly the same situation - Edinburgh collection. Final invoice appeared in my account on Sept 3, with VIN & end September delivery. VIN also in source code. Happy dance! Then received an email from Tesla on Sept 5, alerting me to the Invoice & requesting payment. All good. Then on Sept 11, noticed my account had a credit note & second invoice with same VIN but later delivery date. VIN disappeared from source code & has not yet reappeared. Still no further contact/e-mail/text from Tesla/Edinburgh.

I'm also still waiting for EST though so I'm HOPING that this is all just Edinburgh SC trying to be helpful. Maybe they issued the original invoice a little early, just to get the EST process to progress. They seem to have regular contact with EST so are fully familiar with the process & how painfully slow it is. And being end of quarter, they want to have as many cars as possible delivered before 30th. It's possible my VIN has been made available for reallocation in case my funds aren't released in time - they wouldn't necessarily want to bring the car up to Edinburgh then have me delay collection until after end Q3, when they could deliver it quicker from Heathrow.

Or it could just be that they are envisaging logistical problems getting our cars to Edinburgh before end of Q3 & are just going to distribute the cars further south to get the highest possible numbers out the door before end Q3.

Who knows? All I know is I feel a huge sense of loss & am extra anxious now! I was so happy to have a VIN & have a real car on a boat somewhere heading towards me. That was MY car & I was deeply in love with it :p. Now I'm just back wondering WTF is going on Tesla?! :(

On a more positive note, I saw 2 gorgeous new model 3's in the wild at the weekend - one driving south on the A1 & the other charging at the superchargers in Gretna. Both in white & totally gorgeous!
With all the delays etc., on getting an absolute delivery date, I'll need to phone EST to get an extension on my loan offer - it runs out on October 13th...

With all the delays etc., on getting an absolute delivery date, I'll need to phone EST to get an extension on my loan offer - it runs out on October 13th...
Did mine last week, they need an email. Email address is in one of the agreement emails, just forward your agreement number and request to extend (I asked for December :-( ). They got back to me and confirmed within a day or 2. I did call Tesla and give the poor guy an earful about the 6 month loan period expiring before they could get a car to me :-\

Reactions: GrantV67
Sept 26 4pm at Birmingham. Originally ordered June I think. Was P- now LR white out, black in, no add ons. My work patterns are erratic so I think I need the longer range. Family get car sick, so P+ might have been too much and potholes are awful around here.

My big concerns are insurance and no charger/evse (need either fuse upgraded from 80 to 100 amp or clip on power monitor can stop charging if load above 60 amps. Had one insurance broker going from confident on 600 quid price to no takers for my postcode. Not sure why. 10+ years no claims, nearly 50, Northampton couple of miles from town centre. There's a black model S nearby that i see near nearby shops (you know who you are!).

I'll rely on slow charge until evse / fuse sorted. Didn't want to do earlier as didn't want to time out on olec grant and for financial reasons was considering cancelling.

The price rise and lots of chats with wife have convinced me that buying now is ok. I'm in dire need of a new car but nothing I've test driven has interested me. I'm also aware that once you go electric, few ever go back to ICE. It seems to me that Tesla are years ahead. Only VW and Byton are on my radar and not convinced of battery manufacturing capability / arrival dates.

Buying through limited company (am loaning from personal savings for some of it), expecting first year write down of depreciation or rolling some of the depreciation to next year.

Not had as much income this year (as I expected) due to a few odd things, hence careful consideration).

Minor concern over Birmingham reg. 69 BJ wouldn't be appreciated!

everyone, im no mod but this thread IS for shipping can we stay topical a little?

For all of you ship spotters, update as of 0845 UTC on 17/09

Hoegh Oslo is currently 65km south of Bournemouth making 22kn towards Zeebrugge. Interestingly this ship did not stop at Brixham to take a pilot on-board which saves a few hours off the journey. ETA is still 18/09 @ 0800 UTC which makes the total journey time 9 days 6 hours

Glovis Courage is 1000km west of Brest making 19kn towards Zeebrugge. Unsure if there will be a stop in Brixham for a pilot. ETA is still 19/09 @ 1000 UTC which makes the total journey time 22 days 18 hours

Unsure if the PHL shipments will continue beyond quarter end, but even if it takes 4 days to get across from SFO to PHL it's still saving significant time over the SFO/Panama route

For all of you ship spotters, update as of 0845 UTC on 17/09

Hoegh Oslo is currently 65km south of Bournemouth making 22kn towards Zeebrugge. Interestingly this ship did not stop at Brixham to take a pilot on-board which saves a few hours off the journey. ETA is still 18/09 @ 0800 UTC which makes the total journey time 9 days 6 hours

Glovis Courage is 1000km west of Brest making 19kn towards Zeebrugge. Unsure if there will be a stop in Brixham for a pilot. ETA is still 19/09 @ 1000 UTC which makes the total journey time 22 days 18 hours

Unsure if the PHL shipments will continue beyond quarter end, but even if it takes 4 days to get across from SFO to PHL it's still saving significant time over the SFO/Panama route

AndrewR what did you use for distance measurement?

Given that there were a couple of days before e-mails started going out regarding deliveries of what was on the previous ship, I reckon e-mails/texts will probably start going out on Friday regarding collections of vehicles coming in on the Hoegh Oslo - and they'll probably be short-notice appointments for next week (possibly brought forward from early October?)

Then there'll be further e-mails/texts over the weekend for Glovis Courage.

That's my prediction anyway.