Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given that there were a couple of days before e-mails started going out regarding deliveries of what was on the previous ship, I reckon e-mails/texts will probably start going out on Friday regarding collections of vehicles coming in on the Hoegh Oslo - and they'll probably be short-notice appointments for next week (possibly brought forward from early October?)

Then there'll be further e-mails/texts over the weekend for Glovis Courage.

That's my prediction anyway.

My car was on the Oslo according to the info I was given last week, and I got my email pretty much as soon as it was within AIS range of Europe.

Reactions: Roy W.
Possible good news for tow hitch orderers!
I got through to UK Delivery on the phone this afternoon and was told that Tesla massively under-estimated the demand for tow bar M3s, when they made it available.
However, I have apparently been allocated a car(!!!), which should be one of the first to be delivered to the UK in first week of Oct. In case you are competitive, I did make my reservation 1160 days ago (3 years & 2 months) and placed the order on 2 May 2019.
Since I haven't yet been given a VIN, I hope that a) they are true to their word and b) that there will be many other tow hitch M3s flooding into the UK at the same time.
Allocations are a bit of a lottery. Mine is LR AWD white/black with tow hitch. Ordered 17 July (no early reservation), scheduled delivery 3rd Oct, now been brought forward to 29th Sep with delivery appointment. Told it's on the last ship in for Sept delivery (my guess is Glovis Courage?). Moved from Heathrow delivery to Birmingham to fit in Q3, I think, simply because that's where there was a space on a transporter.

Reactions: Roy W.
I shouldn’t of called Edinburgh! Keen to know if any progress as have to arrange flights ferry etc from N Ireland and family looking a one week holiday and didn’t want to schedule it over a predicted ETA for the car . Now told I have no VIN number even tho I had one a couple of weeks ago when I got Final Invoice 2. Told don’t assume 9th Oct will be your date etc ! The only other time I spoke to Edin two weeks ago was told week of Oct 9th would be worst case arrival time.... arghh ! Which one of you Southerners nicked my VIN lol !

I shouldn’t of called Edinburgh! Keen to know if any progress as have to arrange flights ferry etc from N Ireland and family looking a one week holiday and didn’t want to schedule it over a predicted ETA for the car . Now told I have no VIN number even tho I had one a couple of weeks ago when I got Final Invoice 2. Told don’t assume 9th Oct will be your date etc ! The only other time I spoke to Edin two weeks ago was told week of Oct 9th would be worst case arrival time.... arghh ! Which one of you Southerners nicked my VIN lol !

I reckon that if we do not get a car by the end of the month it will be November for most of us due to Tesla mostly producing cars for the home market as it gets near the end of the quarter

Hoegh Oslo's next destination appears to be Southampton (due at 22:00 tomorrow).

That is an interesting development, reports from Zeebrugge were that no RHD cars were offloaded, but it's unverified. However, it would make sense to drop RHD off directly into the UK if Zeebrugge is at capacity and Glovis Courage is due in a couple of hours.

Also minimises risk for Brexit as cars are delivered directly to the UK