Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Birmingham, Saturday 1PM; nearly there, at last... Does anybody know at which point you get your car registration for the purposes of arranging your car insurance?
I've got a quote saved and ready to go (LV were 2/3rds direct line for me btw), waiting for a reg which you should get a text/email with ~24hrs before pickup. Should be good to actualise the quote at that point in time for pick up.

Reactions: GrantV67
LV initially quoted me low, but then put the price up when I went to buy it. They need up about 1.5 times what direct line quoted. No idea why it went up.

I got my reg a few days before delivery (picked it up today). They don't register the car until you get there, so insurance websites don't recognise the reg. I had to call up and get them to manually enter it.

I've got a quote saved and ready to go (LV were 2/3rds direct line for me btw), waiting for a reg which you should get a text/email with ~24hrs before pickup. Should be good to actualise the quote at that point in time for pick up.

Did you tell lv that the car had a tracker as they won’t quote without one but as far as I can see the Tesla “tracker” (ie phone app) doesn’t meet their criteria of a paid tracker contract?

• Disagree
Reactions: Rooster6655
Did you tell lv that the car had a tracker as they won’t quote without one but as far as I can see the Tesla “tracker” (ie phone app) doesn’t meet their criteria of a paid tracker contract?

Nope. Was hoping to complete the process without talking to anyone tbh. If their systems screw up it's not my fault!

You don't need to state that you have a tracker, you can get a quote now without having a tracker with LV, it was only when they initially started quoting that a tracker seemed to be required.

LV initially quoted me low, but then put the price up when I went to buy it. They need up about 1.5 times what direct line quoted. No idea why it went up.

I got my reg a few days before delivery (picked it up today). They don't register the car until you get there, so insurance websites don't recognise the reg. I had to call up and get them to manually enter it.

My second quote was about £20 higher and the only difference was that the date of insurance was now closer, however my original quote was still saved on the comparison site so I got it at that price.

You don't need to state that you have a tracker, you can get a quote now without having a tracker with LV, it was only when they initially started quoting that a tracker seemed to be required.

I tried again last night on the lv website to get a quote for my model X. They still refuse to quote if I state no tracker but give a very reasonable quote if I say I have a tracker. The only solution for me is to phone them!

Three vessels now listed inbound to pick up, although its not clear to me from the spreadsheet where they would be delivering to. One today, one next week, one the week after according to the spreadsheet.

What is your status at the mo @tsh2 ? You have a similar spec to me made within a few days of mine and in the East of England... As of today (26 Sept) I have no VIN or date...

Long time listener, first time caller....

Hidden VIN appeared for me for the first time in the last 12 hours. I think I've read here that they are assigned when loaded onto a ship (in the US?!) which doesn't square with the idea that nothing else is on the way from US at the current time/before later in October. Unless I'm about to be offered a cancellation.

(P+, Red/White, Standard AP, No Tow-bar - no reservation, ordered via lease 13th August)