Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it safe to assume if I don’t have a hidden vin or any contact from lease company/tesla that I don’t have a car allocated from the Grand Dahlia?

No VIN (or any other activity) is not a good sign, but I think based on your order date you will be lucky to get a car from Grand Dahlia. September deliveries seemed to run to the first third of September (plus some lucky matches to cancellations), and there is maybe 5-6 weeks of orders on a ship of they are 100% RHD. Factor in all the 'rare' combinations which are still outstanding, and I think Dahlia barely covers any September orders. Particularly since there seemed to be some favourable reviews about that time. Grand Pioneer might be a better bet, if there are RHD on there you might see a VIN in about 6 days.

Seeing so many posts yesterday about 'getting vin allocated' and today losing them, I am wondering if it happened only with people who are leasing/PCP etc. Am guessing everyone purchasing directly, and who got VIN allocated yesterday also received a final Invoice with delivery date.
Everything is a guess work with Tesla...

(I have lost mine too after being assigned one yesterday. :( :( )

Seeing so many posts yesterday about 'getting vin allocated' and today losing them, I am wondering if it happened only with people who are leasing/PCP etc. Am guessing everyone purchasing directly, and who got VIN allocated yesterday also received a final Invoice with delivery date.

Possibly - my SC VIN was there yesterday but gone today and I am leasing through SelectCarLeasing (ultimately LeasePlan UK)
no VIN or updated delivery details on either LeasePlan or SelectCar customer portals.

I didn't get the invoice but iv not cheked my vin

White SR+ ordered mid July , Edinburgh.

I got a Final Invoice 3 ! today for 18th Nov then.... Final Invoice 4 for 6th Nov.....VIN 5YJ3F7EA6KF490xxx..... so am I on the Grand Dahlia ??? and do I have any hope of seeing the car for the 2/3rd Nov as I’ll find it difficult to collect after that until Sunday 17th due to work/foreign holiday...
White SR+ ordered mid July , Edinburgh.

I got a Final Invoice 3 ! today for 18th Nov then.... Final Invoice 4 for 6th Nov.....VIN 5YJ3F7EA6KF490xxx..... so am I on the Grand Dahlia ??? and do I have any hope of seeing the car for the 2/3rd Nov as I’ll find it difficult to collect after that until Sunday 17th due to work/foreign holiday...

5YJ3F7EA2KF490xxx , now I’m onto a new VIN and Final Invoice 5! Still Nov 6th same as Invoice 4

Grand Pioneer set off on the... 12th I think? Expected to reach Panama on the 20th.

Gentle Leader has just arrived at San Francisco. No idea of destination yet but given that we've had 2 ships destined for Zeebrugge this month so far what's the chance of a third?

So here in Model 3 starved Ireland, the following has just landed in my inbox!

Hello from Tesla!

We’re pleased to confirm that your Tesla Model 3 order has been matched with a VIN number! Further details will populate in your Tesla Account over the coming days.

I still have no VIN in source code, but importantly it means I can get my grants off purchase price of car worth nearly €4k that the government are taking away at the end of the month.

I've been told to expect November delivery

Reactions: Sixer and pmg102
Latest position of Grand Dahlia from 45 minutes ago
dahlia3.png

Reactions: Chronic and Sixer