Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I’m waiting for one as well just rang Tesla if there is any update and I had a quite long conversation about this and the way the cars are assigned like it would be a lottery without taking into consideration when the order was placed and so on all the rest of the problems and I’ve been told that they are no SR+ models available anymore the very few they are all assigned to orders already and there are no SR+ shipments before January 2020 and even if an order is cancelled it’s just on luck if you get it assigned to your order but as I’ve been told that the whole assignment process is done automatically and randomly I wouldn’t have any hopes, more than likely somebody who just placed an order will get it.
Tesla’s way of handling the orders is beyond critics
I would take the above with a pinch of salt TBH mate, as i dont actually believe that tesla delivery know what they are going to receive until its on a ship halfway across the atlantic so i doubt they know that no SR+ models are to be shipped. buy hey ho, who knows

As I’m waiting for one as well just rang Tesla if there is any update and I had a quite long conversation about this and the way the cars are assigned like it would be a lottery without taking into consideration when the order was placed and so on all the rest of the problems and I’ve been told that they are no SR+ models available anymore the very few they are all assigned to orders already and there are no SR+ shipments before January 2020 and even if an order is cancelled it’s just on luck if you get it assigned to your order but as I’ve been told that the whole assignment process is done automatically and randomly I wouldn’t have any hopes, more than likely somebody who just placed an order will get it.
Tesla’s way of handling the orders is beyond critics

Put an order in for some full stops too!

I would take the above with a pinch of salt TBH mate, as i dont actually believe that tesla delivery know what they are going to receive until its on a ship halfway across the atlantic so i doubt they know that no SR+ models are to be shipped. buy hey ho, who knows
The Dong is still to pass Panama Canal but as the VINs might be already assigned in SFO I don’t know, but as the saying is that hope dies last is still about a weeks worth of hope. I believe if you don’t get a VIN and a delivery date in about a week or so than it won’t happen this year and personally if I don’t get a 100% delivery date for this year in about a week or so than I will cancel the order and will buy a gas guzzler, can’t stay any longer without a car.

The car itself is good but the way everything else is is a load of bollocks

The Dong is approaching the entrance to the canal. I would expect it to do the transit tomorrow morning our time.

More importantly, the Grand Neptune is anchored off Zeebrugge. This delay which was only notified yesterday (the Grand Neptune was at max chat during its transit of the Channel and Dover Straits) will no doubt be another spanner in the logistics. The congestion in Zeebrugge
just gets worse.

But who could have predicted that? (Apart from me, a couple of weeks ago)

The Dong is approaching the entrance to the canal. I would expect it to do the transit tomorrow morning our time.

More importantly, the Grand Neptune is anchored off Zeebrugge. This delay which was only notified yesterday (the Grand Neptune was at max chat during its transit of the Channel and Dover Straits) will no doubt be another spanner in the logistics. The congestion in Zeebrugge
just gets worse.

Me also, i dont get why they dont just send it elsewhere?

I'm waiting in Germany. I ordered in Munich on the 17th September, (AWD LR M3).

I just found a VIN number in the HTML source code!

Two emails from Tesla talking about insurance and how the M3 won an award but no clue as to when I can collect the car.

The Dong is approaching the entrance to the canal.

Who knew waiting for a new car could be this entertaining.

I’ve spent much of my adult life waiting for new cars with the full mushroom philosophy deployed by most manufacturers.

This is worlds apart; html source code, ship tracking, speculation, conspiracies about trim priorities, year ends, quarter pushes, ferry logistics, people calling Tesla and getting actual updates about where their car is and now dongs entering canals. Brilliant.

The Dong is still to pass Panama Canal but as the VINs might be already assigned in SFO I don’t know, but as the saying is that hope dies last is still about a weeks worth of hope. I believe if you don’t get a VIN and a delivery date in about a week or so than it won’t happen this year and personally if I don’t get a 100% delivery date for this year in about a week or so than I will cancel the order and will buy a gas guzzler, can’t stay any longer without a car.

The car itself is good but the way everything else is is a load of bollocks
I share your frustration as I also still have no Vin or update in over three months since ordering. Really annoying not to have any idea when/whether you will actually get your car delivered. I scrapped the temptation to cancel however when I reminded myself I have a room full of M3 accessories and a new charger installed in the garage ....

Reactions: Chalks99
Where did you look to find this exactly?
The procedure is to open your account page in an internet browser such as Chrome.

With Chrome select: View, Developer, View Source.
This will then open the same page but you will see it as HTML source code.

Then select:Edit, Find, "VIN"
Before a VIN code has been assigned you'll likely have 37 instances of VIN.
Today I knew something had changed when suddenly I had 38 instances of VIN !
Then I found an associated 5YJ, e.g. ""Vin":"5YJ3E7EB9LF569629","

So now an actual vehicle has been assigned to my order. I still don't know what ship its on but I'm guessing its the Dong. (I ordered 17/9/19)

Last edited:

just gets worse.

Cars assigned to the Dutch don't go through Zeebrugge anymore: too busy, and too hard to get enough transporters to get those cars to Tilburg (and not enough space in Tilburg). After unloading at Zeebrugge they ship to Amsterdam, where owners can pick up their brand new car literally from the dock. This way Tesla is hoping to deliver thousands of M3's (I expect approx 7.000) for the end of December.

Who knew waiting for a new car could be this entertaining.

I’ve spent much of my adult life waiting for new cars with the full mushroom philosophy deployed by most manufacturers.

This is worlds apart; html source code, ship tracking, speculation, conspiracies about trim priorities, year ends, quarter pushes, ferry logistics, people calling Tesla and getting actual updates about where their car is and now dongs entering canals. Brilliant.

It doesn’t get easier. Then you get the car, and you’re searching for tips, tricks, FAQs. Do I charge, don’t I charge, sentry this, vinyl wrap that...

The procedure is to open your account page in an internet browser such as Chrome.

With Chrome select: View, Developer, View Source.
This will then open the same page but you will see it as HTML source code.

Then select:Edit, Find, "VIN"
Before a VIN code has been assigned you'll likely have 37 instances of VIN.
Today I knew something had changed when suddenly I had 38 instances of VIN !
Then I found an associated 5YJ, e.g. ""Vin":"5YJ3E7EB9LF569629","

So now an actual vehicle has been assigned to my order. I still don't know what ship its on but I'm guessing its the Dong. (I ordered 17/9/19)
Thanks - I followed your instructions and found that there was indeed a Vin number starting 5YJ embedded in the html! I am hoping that means that I have after all finally been allocated a car that is wending its way from Freemont to UK. I wonder if it is likely therefore that my car is on the Dong? If it is, that's a Ding! If it isn't, I have just been 'Dinged'. But if it arrives now before Christmas, or even before 2020, that would be a Ding-Dong! I think I had better stop here as my excitement at potentially finding a hidden VIN is clearly getting the better of me. Definitely a different and entertaining process compared to previous new cars I have ordered but I am not sure how my nerves are standing up to the excitement.

Bad news for everybody who is waiting for SR+ models and doesn’t have a VIN assigned to the order yet, Tesla won’t ship SR+ in this year anymore so that means the only hope to get delivery this year is if somebody who has a car assigned already, changes or cancels the order. And this confirms my theory that they are prioritising LR and P models which have a higher profit margin to have better figures for the end of Q4, it looks like they are concentrating on $,£,€,¥ to be higher so the profit is higher not on the numbers of cars delivered
Spoke to Tesla delivery team today and they have confirmed this.. told me to expect delivery end of January -> middle of Feb!

So anyone waiting on an SR+ not yet assigned thats what you are looking at. clearly a money grab