Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uses for Cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there have been posts about cross traffic alerts from cameras and the new auto-park that is only in the S that can park between spaces that don't have cars on both sides. But I have some other requests that almost lead me to buy another car.

I wish the front camera was on the front of the car where the grill should be. I can't see the front of the car when I'm sitting and sometimes I have to lean forward and sit up as high as possible to see what is happening. And sometimes, I just have to hope that the sensor reading on the display is correct when it says I still have a few inches. I have some VERY tight spaces I need to maneuver in and it sucks not being able to see that point of view. I used it all the time in my Mercedes.

I wish the back camera could be displayed on the rear view mirror. I have seen this in Hyundai and Range Rovers and it is nice. Especially since the MY has such little visibility out the rear window.

Finally for the side cameras, the Hyundai has a feature that when you turn on the turn signal it displays the view out the side camera. I know there has been speculation that this will be part of the Cyber Truck, but it would be nice in all the cars. I also like that with the Mercedes you could focus on just one of the side cameras if you were parallel parking and it showed you how close you were to the curb. It even had guides that helped you. I know you don't need this when you use self park, but I am not always parking between two cars. I even used this sometimes in drive-thus so I could pull up close to the window without curbing my wheels.

Thanks for reading my wish list. Still love the car, I just think with the tech it has, these are not terrible requests.

I have no clue why Tesla still doesn't use the side B pillar Cameras to assist in parking or pull up the corresponding fender repeater camera when the turn signal is activated. I don't like the idea of solely trusting visualization. I've ended up just getting used to rapidly tapping the camera button and checking the cameras before making lane changes. I would take those convince features over a new game or Disney plus any day.

Reactions: positiv