Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Morgan Stanley Massively Hikes Price Target on Tesla, Says Stock Could Almost Double

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some feel that Goldman pumped the stock, just as they were issuing the latest stock offering for hundreds of millions in new shares. Standard operating proceedure for Goldman.

Pre offering, post something to lower the stock price. Just prior to the offering tell how they expect an imminent price increase. When the stock price rises, issue the additional stock. They look like heros.

Autonomous driving is just a part of the story to sell more stock, at a higher price.

Did you mean Morgan Stanley instead?

When Jonas flip flopped late last year-early this year, I put him into Villans category. What people don't realize is that just as he can pump the stock, he can also go against it at will when his clients need him.

You honestly believe, given all of the technical and AI hurdles that autonomous technology needs to overcome, that it will be in consumer's hands in only 5 years? And in such a state of sophistication that you can summon an autonomous vehicle to pick you up and take you to your destination? Anyone who thinks this is going to happen in 5 years is smoking a special brand of crack. Sorry. Not going to happen.

Seems like your wishful thinking may be lamer than my reasoning.

I believe that possibility of Tesla successfully launching mobility services is way higher than 0%, which is what you apparently believe, based on lane keeping and TACC being less than perfect. On top of using this lame reasoning, it looks like you made up your mind about AJ note based on secondary and inaccurate accounts of it.

Here is what the Note actually says:
We have modeled a launch of an app-based, on-demand mobility service by 2018 with just 5,000 cars that would at first be rented to human drivers to perform taxi-like services. By 2022 we anticipate the first fully automated Tesla Mobility application, which we expect could be competing against a variety of fully on-demand autonomous offerings in cities from a variety of technology and auto-tech firms.

I also believe that a lot of people are stuck in the endless loop discussing AJ intentions instead of discussing the detailed case he made regarding Tesla Mobility. After all, Elon Musk, instead of dismissing his idea, called his question during the ER insightful.

Last edited:
I believe that possibility of Tesla successfully launching mobility services is way higher than 0%, which is what you apparently believe, based on lane keeping and TACC being less than perfect. On top of using this lame reasoning, it looks like you made up your mind about AJ note based on secondary and inaccurate accounts of it.

I also believe that a lot of people are stuck in the endless loop discussing AJ intentions instead of discussing the detailed case he made regarding Tesla Mobility. After all, Elon Musk, instead of dismissing his idea, called his question during the ER insightful.

Excellent analysis Vladimir!

It's just whistling in the wind.

New York Times Op Ed on Adam Jones.
Oddly if you took Blodget's recommendation and then went to sleep for 16 years you would have 10 times as much money. But, there are two lessons then one can take. First is that there is no guarantee TSLA will stay high even if it ultimately achieves its long-term goals. Second, it might take a lot longer than you hope to get the high returns we all expect from that achievement.

Tesla shared mobility programs make sense in a, let's say, preferred customer lease/rental sort of way. But if Elon Musk is serious about widespread zero-emission car use, he might want to examine the BIG VOID between private and public transportation. Particularly... since autonomous drive technology and car sharing hold the promise of closing the gap. That still largely unexplored 'void', you can sense that this is where Google is heading. Interesting article in EV World.

Last edited:
Goldman Sachs IMO. There is this quintessential thing about Tesla cars. They are expensive luxury wannahaves that are cherished by their owners for what they represent in a number of ways. Shared mobility is like public transport, only meant to cater to mobility needs on a more individual basis. There is a reason why Google wants its robo-driven, ride-shared 'transportation devices' to look as anonymous and bland as possible. So, if Tesla serious about rolling out shared mobility, it has to come up with new types of cars people don't care about personally. Forget design, customizing, etc. And THAT may actually contradict Tesla's business model.

View attachment 155127

Yes, and only in America. When I arrived in Germany in pre-fall 1969, the german police were using VW bugs and taxis were, you guessed it Mercedes. Today, and maybe someone else can chime in here with more recent experience, as to what they are driving. But, today’s polezei are not driving VW bugs, and taxis are still Mercedes with a sprinkling of BMW. Again my perspective (only), we tend to aim for the bottom and pat ourselves on the back with our over achievement. And yes, one of my very stupid soldiers pulled a BB gun on a German taxi driver:-( Damn it, it was the driver of the taxi that pulled the gun and shot the soldier in his cheek because he did not have sufficient funds:-(

I spent nine years of my early adult life there and was sad to force my family home from Heidelberg in 1994. One of my closest high school buds, after being shot down twice in Vietnam, marrying a German, and completing his career, retired in Germany. As a boy he was an early pioneer in playing soccer. No he was not the father of soccer moms:)

So, if your assessment is that we are trash humans with no desire to improve than the basic duce a half (2 1/2 ton truck with canvas cargo cover) will be fine transportation from Bindloch to Nuremberg, then you and Google are correct. Me I preferred the special treatment of later being flown by chopper to my new assignment in Nuremberg as an E-4.