TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Morons... what should I do with them?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phaduman, Jul 26, 2017.

1. phaduman

phaduman Member

During evening commute hours when rest of traffic was < 10mph, these two BMW & Mustangs were on fire lane perhaps going 50+mph. I had to move to my right within the lane just out of instinct, and could have hit motorcycles that usually lane-share & cross cars on the right side of carpool lane.

Used the new iphone "clips" video editing app from video I downloaded from my Thinkware 770 dashcam.

2. Tiger

Tiger Member

A good reminder to watch your rearview mirror ;)

Resolution not enough to catch plates?

As long as lanes do not overlap there is no need to dodge a car that fits on emergency lane.

3. KarenRei

KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei

Can you make out the license plate #s in any of the frames? If so, report them to the police. If not, not much you can do...

4. PtG62901

PtG62901 Member

When I liked in Silicon Valley in the 80's, this kind of thing was happening. Ignore them.

5. kort677

kort677 Active Member

as for the law, can you use your video in CA as evidence for an after the fact summons being issued? if no, other than provoking a confrontation there really isn't much that you can do beyond making a complaint to law enforcement.

6. MDR SEA

MDR SEA 2015 Model S 85D...& loving it!

Stop them from reproducing and keep them isolated in CA...

• Like x 1
  7. croman

croman Active Member

When I was a kid this game came out on the PC called DeathTrak. It was badass. i'd like the caltrops from that game for real life situations like this...

• Like x 1
  8. No2DinosaurFuel

No2DinosaurFuel Active Member

Just post on youtube/facebook/etc. which you already did should suffice. You can try to send to cops, but i doubt they would do anything with it. I think in this case public shamming is the best course of action.

9. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Could be OJ.
    He's back on the streets.

• Funny x 1
  10. sorka

sorka Active Member

The mustang is:
    7DDF861
    2013 FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500

11. sorka

sorka Active Member

phaduman, you make out the second and third letters of the BMW better from any other screen shots?

Also, it's shame the damage they must have done from flying debris. File a CHP report and then tell them you need to the owner and address to file small claims against them.

Of course if you're completely undamaged, as in not even a single paint chip, then I guess it was their lucky day ;)

12. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

upload_2017-7-26_7-46-4.png

• Love x 1
  13. croman

croman Active Member

The good old days! Thanks! I still have the 5.25" floppy but god knows if my two PCs still work. I have, since, acquired the software and can emulate windows 3.11 running DOSShell but its a PITA for such an old game.

That beam weapon was a lot of fun as was the laser.

14. kev1n

kev1n Member

in situations like these, its better to stay put and not move over, because if you hit anyone else. you would be at fault

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. Tangible

Tangible Member

Unlike the Hicks Boson, which required years and billions of dollars to discover, the Freeway Moron is painfully easy to find. I can only suggest a move to Massachusetts, where aside from the infamous Boston Left Turn we are always safe and sane drivers.

16. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

• Funny x 1
  17. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

Need a James Bond car with retractable spikes in hubs.

18. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

Sometimes the driver is justified in doing so. My buddy drove on the shoulder like that with his pickup truck due to his wife's water breaking and not having time to sit in stop-and-go traffic. His wife gave birth very shortly after arriving to the hospital, to the point the doctor said she would have given birth on the freeway if she had waited any longer. I know it seems like the majority of time those people are just being morons, but occasionally it is justified (yet impossible to tell from sitting in traffic).