Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Morons... what should I do with them?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phaduman

Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2016
San Jose
During evening commute hours when rest of traffic was < 10mph, these two BMW & Mustangs were on fire lane perhaps going 50+mph. I had to move to my right within the lane just out of instinct, and could have hit motorcycles that usually lane-share & cross cars on the right side of carpool lane.

Used the new iphone "clips" video editing app from video I downloaded from my Thinkware 770 dashcam.

as for the law, can you use your video in CA as evidence for an after the fact summons being issued? if no, other than provoking a confrontation there really isn't much that you can do beyond making a complaint to law enforcement.

phaduman, you make out the second and third letters of the BMW better from any other screen shots?

Also, it's shame the damage they must have done from flying debris. File a CHP report and then tell them you need to the owner and address to file small claims against them.

Of course if you're completely undamaged, as in not even a single paint chip, then I guess it was their lucky day ;)

When I was a kid this game came out on the PC called DeathTrak. It was badass. i'd like the caltrops from that game for real life situations like this...

upload_2017-7-26_7-46-4.png

• Love
Reactions: croman
Unlike the Hicks Boson, which required years and billions of dollars to discover, the Freeway Moron is painfully easy to find. I can only suggest a move to Massachusetts, where aside from the infamous Boston Left Turn we are always safe and sane drivers.

During evening commute hours when rest of traffic was < 10mph, these two BMW & Mustangs were on fire lane perhaps going 50+mph. I had to move to my right within the lane just out of instinct, and could have hit motorcycles that usually lane-share & cross cars on the right side of carpool lane.

Used the new iphone "clips" video editing app from video I downloaded from my Thinkware 770 dashcam.

Need a James Bond car with retractable spikes in hubs.

Sometimes the driver is justified in doing so. My buddy drove on the shoulder like that with his pickup truck due to his wife's water breaking and not having time to sit in stop-and-go traffic. His wife gave birth very shortly after arriving to the hospital, to the point the doctor said she would have given birth on the freeway if she had waited any longer. I know it seems like the majority of time those people are just being morons, but occasionally it is justified (yet impossible to tell from sitting in traffic).