Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Appropriate/Inappropriate/Funniest TMC Banner Ad's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I don't see any either. Are you sure you are logged in? (And of course you are, this is elsewhere at TMC, I bet...)

I've never seen any ads on the forum... they do appear on the 'main page' (which I never go to, sorry, Doug!).

I rarely venture outside the forum! :D

On a similar 'targeting' note, this is like the ad I see a lot on the Tesla/EV YouTube channels: The AAA one for 'guaranteed battery swaps'. Of course, irrelevant for EV batteries/cars.

Reactions: PaulusdB
Yeah--its is weird, but I have been seeing ads lately--today it was for Jeep, which is kind OK (always a soft stop for Jeeps). I am running the Mojave beta on this machine along with Safari 12 which has that user agent anonymizing function, so maybe because of that. Don't see ads on my other laptop, which is running the prod version of High Sierra.

So, I was served up this ad today on TMC:

View attachment 319620

It certainly is an interesting targeting strategy. :) Looks like someone's algorithm needs a bit of tweaking.

PS TMC is currently whitelisted, but if this keeps up, I am gonna have to revisit that...I have not desire to waste my time or bandwidth on this idiocy.

Rather than Dumb Energy sounds more like Dumb FUD.

o_O

Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 10.26.10 AM.png

• Funny
Reactions: AnOutsider