Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most current delivery checklist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla friends...

I should be picking up my car this week and am wondering what the best/most up-to-date checklist is to use during my pre-delivery inspection. I've seen a few online that look pretty good but I want to make sure I'm using whatever is the most complete/most current one in case there are any new known issues that I should pay attention do. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Greetings fellow Utahn, and congrats on the new Tesla!

I had printed up a check list to take with me down to the Vegas Tesla store (I'm in St. George), and completely forgot to take it with me.

There really aren't any current "gotcha's" to worry about, so going with an older list shouldn't be a problem. I took about 40 minutes to inspect my Model 3. Here's the stuff I did, FWIW...

1. Paint! This one took the longest. Don't just go over the exterior paint, go over *all* the paint. Under the frunk, trunk, doors... all of it. Bumpers appear to be a common spot for factory paint flaws.

2. Panel alignment and gaps. Don't get too picky here, as Tesla isn't known for its flawless panel gaps. But if you find stuff that is out of whack, call them on it. Don't forget about the alignment on those big glass roof panels, either. Also, check the sealing around the roof glass.

3. Doors and trunks. Open and close them a few times.

4. Interior. This one took me a while, too. Visually inspect the entire interior. Creases in the pleather are relatively common, although they seem to have gotten better about this one. Make sure the glove box opens and closes smoothly.

5. Functionality. Verify all the exterior lights work, the turn signals work, brake lights, windshield wipers, steering wheel knobs. Verify operation of as many things on the MCU as you can.

And when the Salt Lake winter gets to be too much, come on down to Sunny St. George and say "hi!" :D

Thank you! This checklist will help me on Monday.

Can add to your list checking seat heaters.

Can you tell me what cables and mats come with the car?
- carpeted floor mats?
- carpeted trunk & frunk mats?
- USBC or lightning phone cable?
- any tire wrench or toe hooks?
- To test Sentry mode, where to plug in USB drive?

Also if something is not satisfactory, is the option to refuse that specific car or wait for them to fix?

Last edited:
Reactions: RScottyL
Also if something is not satisfactory, is the option to refuse that specific car or wait for them to fix?

You will have both options. What they will or won't fix usually depends on how busy they are, how picky you're being and what kind of mood they're in. They often throw out the "it's within spec" line for things they don't think needs (or don't feel like) fixing.

It's up to you to determine what is or isn't acceptable to the point where you'd refuse delivery. The consensus is to refuse a car with serious paint issues, as it's a headache to fix and may never be "like new."

Know that if you take delivery with the intent of reporting something later at a service appointment, it may or may not be accepted and fixed.

Congrats on your new car. I pick mine up in Utah tomorrow.

Here’s the link to the one I’m using, which may be somewhat dated but was the best all in one doc I could find.
Good luck!
Model-3-Delivery-Checklist.pdf

I will be using this for my delivery on the 23rd of sept for sure :)

Me too! It's been a long journey from placing the original March 31st 2016 deposit: I decided to pause on that as my "temporary" 2013 MS was fine, and I've taken that car on two long road trips, from New York to LA and back via Canada, and then to New Orleans and back, taking different routes each time. (I'm sure most people here know about it, but A Better Routeplanner is a fantastic resource.) Indeed, I will miss free supercharging as I used it a lot. But it was time: LR ordered, and not Performance at least in part because one thing I disliked about the MS was the performance alloys: a rougher ride, reduced range, and too easy to damage parking in the city. I also love the aero wheels! Red Hook pick-up in a couple of hours, all being well: but the stories I see in the digest emails from TMC have me cautious so the checklist is printed, with thanks.

Me too! It's been a long journey from placing the original March 31st 2016 deposit: I decided to pause on that as my "temporary" 2013 MS was fine, and I've taken that car on two long road trips, from New York to LA and back via Canada, and then to New Orleans and back, taking different routes each time. (I'm sure most people here know about it, but A Better Routeplanner is a fantastic resource.) Indeed, I will miss free supercharging as I used it a lot. But it was time: LR ordered, and not Performance at least in part because one thing I disliked about the MS was the performance alloys: a rougher ride, reduced range, and too easy to damage parking in the city. I also love the aero wheels! Red Hook pick-up in a couple of hours, all being well: but the stories I see in the digest emails from TMC have me cautious so the checklist is printed, with thanks.

I'll post separately on the experience (tl;dr: great) but the car was absolutely perfect.